My Sweet Lenny

LennysMom

It's taken me quite awhile to post this. I'm not a regular on this board but many here helped me when Lenny got sick so I feel the need to to let them know he has passed. He was just in too much pain and when DH had to carry him downstairs I knew it was time. I wrote a letter to him and I want to share it here. I just want others to know how amazing my Lenny was.

My sweet boy,

I will always remember the first time I saw you at your foster’s. I hadn’t seen many greyhounds and you with your ears slicked back prancing and slapping your paws around just made me giggle. When things calmed down and I really got to see you I saw that chuck of ear missing and I was a goner.

I will always remember your first day home and the roommates thinking you were broken because you just stayed in your crate. The crate you wouldn’t go into with the big comfy cushion, you wanted just a blanket.

I will always remember when you helped that scared little girl over her fear of dogs. You pretended to pay no attention to her while she worked up the courage to pet you from the butt up but I saw you watching her out of the corner of your eye the whole time, waiting for her to come to you. By the end she was bear hugging your neck and you got to give her your kisses.

I will always remember your kisses. You were far too dignified to slobber on people but when asked for a kiss you’d stick that big long nose right in my face.

I will always remember your crazy zoomies and tearing toys apart.

I will always remember your battle with grandpa; he thought he could find a trashcan you couldn’t get into. He went so far as to spend $100 on one. I remember about a week later coming home and seeing it turned over and it never closed the same again, you could get your nose in there. Grandpa loved you so much all he did was shake his head and admit defeat. You weren’t a pushy dog but you always got your way.

I will always remember you being there for me through heartaches, new adventures and all the happy times. How much you loved DH and how you two had time to bound.

I will always remember your tolerance (to a point) with your sisters exuberate display of love for you. How during the last bit they could still get you to play for a minute.

I will always remember how downstairs neighbors would comment to me that they would never know I had a dog until they would hear you thunder to the door barking because I came home. I remember no matter how bad a day I had seeing your happy face – happy just for the simple fact I was home – made me forget everything.

I will always remember your eyes. How they went straight into my heart. Without question I knew when you happy, sad, thinking, mad at me. You would make me laugh when you’d tilt your head down and look at me from under your eyebrows to let me know you weren’t impressed with something I had done. All the techs at the vet commented on your eyes. How you would draw them to you while other dogs were jumping and barking you would get the most attention just by staring and being quiet.

I could go on forever about all the pieces of you that made you my dog but most of all I just loved you. It was simple. I did my best for you and I hope you know how loved you were and how many you touched. I taught me so much about myself and I am forever grateful for having you in my life even if it was way too short a time.

Thank you for the snow man on Christmas, I thought I was being ridiculous asking for snow in Las Vegas on Christmas as a sign that you were ok, but there it was. I know you are pain free now and I know when you got to the bridge there was a white haired man there with more food then you could ever eat. He had with him a golden who would love to play keep away with you. Watch over us with them until we are together again someday.

Love,

Mommy

Kris & Lenny (B L Lessie)

IPB Image

It's taken me quite awhile to post this. I'm not a regular on this board but many here helped me when Lenny got sick so I feel the need to to let them know he has passed. He was just in too much pain and when DH had to carry him downstairs I knew it was time. I wrote a letter to him and I want to share it here. I just want others to know how amazing my Lenny was.

My sweet boy,

I will always remember the first time I saw you at your foster's. I hadn't seen many greyhounds and you with your ears slicked back prancing and slapping your paws around just made me giggle. When things calmed down and I really got to see you I saw that chuck of ear missing and I was a goner.

I will always remember your first day home and the roommates thinking you were broken because you just stayed in your crate. The crate you wouldn't go into with the big comfy cushion, you wanted just a blanket.

I will always remember when you helped that scared little girl over her fear of dogs. You pretended to pay no attention to her while she worked up the courage to pet you from the butt up but I saw you watching her out of the corner of your eye the whole time, waiting for her to come to you. By the end she was bear hugging your neck and you got to give her your kisses.

I will always remember your kisses. You were far too dignified to slobber on people but when asked for a kiss you'd stick that big long nose right in my face.

I will always remember your crazy zoomies and tearing toys apart.

I will always remember your battle with grandpa; he thought he could find a trashcan you couldn't get into. He went so far as to spend $100 on one. I remember about a week later coming home and seeing it turned over and it never closed the same again, you could get your nose in there. Grandpa loved you so much all he did was shake his head and admit defeat. You weren't a pushy dog but you always got your way.

I will always remember you being there for me through heartaches, new adventures and all the happy times. How much you loved DH and how you two had time to bound.

I will always remember your tolerance (to a point) with your sisters exuberate display of love for you. How during the last bit they could still get you to play for a minute.

I will always remember how downstairs neighbors would comment to me that they would never know I had a dog until they would hear you thunder to the door barking because I came home. I remember no matter how bad a day I had seeing your happy face – happy just for the simple fact I was home – made me forget everything.

I will always remember your eyes. How they went straight into my heart. Without question I knew when you happy, sad, thinking, mad at me. You would make me laugh when you'd tilt your head down and look at me from under your eyebrows to let me know you weren't impressed with something I had done. All the techs at the vet commented on your eyes. How you would draw them to you while other dogs were jumping and barking you would get the most attention just by staring and being quiet.

I could go on forever about all the pieces of you that made you my dog but most of all I just loved you. It was simple. I did my best for you and I hope you know how loved you were and how many you touched. I taught me so much about myself and I am forever grateful for having you in my life even if it was way too short a time.

Thank you for the snow man on Christmas, I thought I was being ridiculous asking for snow in Las Vegas on Christmas as a sign that you were ok, but there it was. I know you are pain free now and I know when you got to the bridge there was a white haired man there with more food then you could ever eat. He had with him a golden who would love to play keep away with you. Watch over us with them until we are together again someday.

Love,

Mommy

We lost our Freddie after more than 12 years in October. I know how your heart is hurting. I am still hurting and it has been 3 months. I'm so glad Lenny sent you a sign. I so wish that Freddie would send me one.

Big hugs to you.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Guest TriciasZoo

I am so sorry for your loss. I send my condolences to you, your family, and friends. I know how painful it is, as do so many of us here. You're not alone, no matter what you need.

Please know I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts, and add Lenny to my prayer and candle list.

Don't be shy if you need us. We're here for each other.

Hugs,

Trish and her Zoo

with greyhounds Flippy, Bebe, Sam, and angel Peatie

:hope:candle:bighug

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

What a lovely tribute to your boy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

I'm so sorry :grouphug. I know how hard it is to say goodbye. I'm glad Lenny helped send you snow for Christmas.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I am so sorry. I know how you are hurting. :grouphug Godspeed... :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I remember.

I'm so sorry. What a wonderful life he had with you, and you with him. My heart goes out to you.

Godspeed, beloved.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a sweet, heartfelt tribute....I hope writing it is helping you through this rough time. I am so very sorry for your loss and will be thinking about you.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)