Good Surgeon In Nh/northern Ma?

Can anyone recommend an excellent vet surgeon in southern NH/northern MA? A friend's dog was just diagnosed with osteo, has seen oncology and is looking for a good surgeon to perform the amputation. The best surgeon I know of, Dr. Wadsworth in Dover, NH, retired. :(

She lives in Pelham, and is looking for someone closer than Angell or Tufts.

Thanks muchly!

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest greytbookert

It might be a little further than your friend wants, but Northboro, MA VCA has a great surgeon... Dr. Dudley. I have many friends and a few adoption groups who use her and have been pleased.

I wish your friend luck!

Guest LadyChester

Dr. Dudley at VCA Northboro in MA is a board certified orthopedic surgeon (not tons of them around), and definitely worth the trip. She is excellent! She did my boy Stretch's surgical repair for his hock and you really can barely tell anything was ever wrong with it.

Edited by LadyChester

We really liked Dr Karen Pastor at the Mass Vet Referral Hospital in Woburn, MA. The whole facility has always seemed top-notch to us the couple times we have been there.

There web site is www.intownvet.com

Amy and Tim in Beverly, MA, with Chase and Always missing Kingsley (Drama King) and Ruby (KB's Bee Bopper).

Dr. Dudley at VCA Northboro in MA is a board certified orthopedic surgeon (not tons of them around), and definitely worth the trip. She is excellent! She did my boy Stretch's surgical repair for his hock and you really can barely tell anything was ever wrong with it.

This is who GPA-CNH uses and they have been very happy with her work.

Another GPA member just had her GH's leg amputated for osteo.

She went to nevog in Waltham. The practice now has a satellite branch in Manchester.

I'll email her for their phone numbers.

Edited by Diane4114

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest Luvgreys

Another vote here for Dr. Dudley , she and her vet techs are wonderful to work with. Dr. Dudley is extremely experienced with greyhounds and an excellen surgeon. She is also one of the most caring vets I have met. As long as she is available Dr. Dudley will always be my first choice for an ortho vet for my own dogs, even though she is over an hour drive from my house.

NEVOG and Vetcision in Waltham are both excellent.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Thanks so much, everyone!

I was going through the website listing board certified vet surgeons last night, and came upon Karen Pastor's name. Didn't Karen used to be down on the south shore? As I recall, she did a lot of work with GH adoption groups and had GHs of her own. I used to hear a lot of good things about her - didn't know she'd moved up north. I've heard good things about InTown also.

It sounds like the consensus goes with Dr. Dudley - I'll call my friend now to pass all of this great info along.

You guys rock! :colgate (and osteo sucks :( )

Jordan

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Dr Pastor is a good friend of my vet. She has seen my Finn on 2 occasions, luckily no surgery was required. I thought she was very informative and had a wonderful "bedside" manner.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey