Coby Limping For Second Time....

Guest bonscoby

Guest bonscoby

I took Coby to the vet several weeks ago because he was limping. The vet felt his paw, said she couldn't find anything wrong and said to wait three days. If it didn't get better after bed rest (he knows how to do that!), then tests would begin. Well, the paw was completely better within 48 hours. All of a sudden he is limping again weeks later. Is this just a coincidence or should I ask for certain tests????? I'm not sure what to do. All suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

That is really a hard call. Maybe the same thing will happen that did last time. I kind of take the "peace of mind route" and have things checked. Is it possible that Coby has a bad toenail? Sending my prayers and positive thoughts...I know you are worried. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest bonscoby

Thanks, Patti. I can't imagine what he is doing to his paw to cause the same thing to happen twice. I am worried, but trying to stay calm. Poor Coby just comes up to me and gives me that deep, soulful look as if to say, 'Mommy, I know you will help me.' I'm trying to follow the same instructions as last time, unless someone really thinks this is serious....

Guest greybookends

I hope all is well. Sheana and I will keep Coby in our hearts, minds and prayers. Please feel better and stop limping handsome.

:kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2 from Sheana

:hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope from me.

As Patti said, for peace of mind I would have it checked. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

He could be re-aggravating a soft-tissue injury, too. Hope you can get it sorted out. Also, CHECK FOR CORNS!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest HeatherDemps

As others have already mentioned, I'd get it checked out to be safe. I tend to be a worrier though and pay (again and again!) for peace of mind. :)

I would go for x-rays. I have every limp checked out to establish a history. I'm sure we all have the same thing on our mind.

Hugs and Prayers

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest tarasue

I agree check for corns or perhaps a soft tissue injury. Definitely get it xrayed though. As mentioned, I think most of here know what a limp could be so, I'd have it looked at. My baby started limping after thanksgiving and I took her to the vet and they could not find anything wrong (looking back, i don't think he even xrayed her...just tried to charge me for it) so, two weeks later I took her to another vet and we xrayed her shoulder and found OS.

I know and pray that I hope that it is not that.

Did she feel anything in the paw? Arthitis? I would wait 5 days from the time the limp started again and take him in for x-rays. He will need to be NPO and have bllod work prior to anethesia.

Take a flashlight and magnifying glass and check his toes, feet, webbing for an injury or corns.

This happened to my Polli. She was limping for 5 days, I bought her in and she was fine the day I brought her in. Becasue of all the manipulation with the xrays her limping was a million times worse after i got her back. She continued to limp for almost 6 weeks. Then she got better and every once in a while she limps. Her results were clean.

Good luck, I will keep Coby in my prayers.

NPO= nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest bonscoby

Thanks. The limp is going away again. He is 99.9%better today. Does the unmentionable scary stuff ever show itself that way?? I will look for corns, etc...Just scared about the big 'C.'

Guest greybookends

Bonnie I have never had to deal with the unmentionable so I don't know what you should be looking for other than the obvious. All I can say is look for the other things mentioned but when in doubt have the vet check it. If for no other reason than your own peace of mind. :grouphug to you and :dogcookie:kiss2 from me and Sheana.

Edited by greybookends

Thanks. The limp is going away again. He is 99.9%better today. Does the unmentionable scary stuff ever show itself that way?? I will look for corns, etc...Just scared about the big 'C.'

For Kira it did. One day out of the blue she started limping. We watched her and it went away a couple of days later. It later returned and stayed, we went to the vet and decided against x-rays. Was given some thing for arthritis. After we were out of the drugs, we switched over to glucosamine. About a week later the limping returned. We did x-rays and found the very early stages of osteo. :(

For piece of mind, get the x-rays done.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

Guest HeatherDemps

In our case it did.... Right after Thanksgiving Dempsey started limping/crying. Trip to e-vet let to Rimadyl for just a few days. Limp went away for almost a full 4 weeks- x-rays then showed a bone lesion. Obviously, every limp doesn't mean cancer, but I'm sure it's always the fear. Hope it turns out to be something very minor or nothing at all in your situation.

I'm sorry to say that Maddisons manifested with an intermittant limp too.

But there ARE lots of other things it can be, like a nail bed infection or an infection in the bone (as was the case with Wallace).

X-rays are the way forward I think.

Thinking all good thoughts here :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest houndlover

I would probably have it x-rayed just to be on the safe side. I tend to be a worry wart anyways though. My older grey, Billy, had a limp for a few days and I took him in to the vet. She looked at it, manipulated his leg, etc and said that she thought that it was just a soft tissue injury. Of course with my boy being 10 1/2 yo, I couldn't help but think that it might be something else. She said that she didn't see a need to do x-rays but she would if I wanted to. Well, I had the x-rays taken and it was just a soft tissue injury (thank goodness). But now I at least have a set of x-rays to use as a baseline for future reference.