Ticks

Yup. Nothing this year but I've learn to start looking for deer ticks in the winter, not summer. I even found a tick last year with SNOW on the ground. Gosh darnit, I really don't want to give the dogs Frontline year round.

I know, I thought I could get away with at least 3 - 4 months of not using Frontline!

Guest vahoundlover

YUK!! I've been debating about Frontlining everybody since the weather has been so mild....I guess I will <_<

BTW, ticks love moist warm areas....fallen leaves are one of their favorite habitats, so are rock walls..

Guest shortcat

Ok, I know I live in Fl, so I don't really count in this. But those Ticks are getting to be such a problem down here (year round :( ) that even with Frontline I was finding ticks on my greys, so last summer I switched to Advantix. You may not need it now, but keep it in mind if need be. :rolleyes:

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

I am still having a flea problem and I live in PA. All my dogs and cats are on Frontline all year round now. Today it was 65 here. Crazy weather.

Guest vahoundlover
Ok, I know I live in Fl, so I don't really count in this. But those Ticks are getting to be such a problem down here (year round :( ) that even with Frontline I was finding ticks on my greys, so last summer I switched to Advantix. You may not need it now, but keep it in mind if need be. :rolleyes:

Frontline won't keep ticks off your dog, it kills them once they are on the dog. I've never seen ticks after Oct and before April....dag I hate those buggers!!! :sick

Guest RooRoo

Yup! Kiwi had one on her ear yesterday and Rizzo the week before (we're in MA). Just when you think you get a break from those nasty things!! :tick

We took a big one off Khan 2 days ago, so they are still active here in DE. I hate it when I find one of the little buggers crawling on me, and these are little tiny ones. We're using Frontline Plus here about every 2-3 mos. I hate those blood suckers as much as the flying vampires we have. Some of the flying ones are the size of C-5's.(Our Air Forces largest cargo transport airplane). We have problems at high noon outside with the mosquitos some years.

Nan

I'm glad you mentioned this. I'm going camping with the dogs this weekend and was debating. They haven't been frontlined recently but was hesitant to do it because of the weather. Guess I will be afterall. I hate putting chemicals on my dogs. :headwall

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest Cris_M

I have been told by vets that as long as the tick is removed within 24 hours, disease is not transmitted. Admittedly, I live in the South and we don't deal with dear ticks, just common ticks. Still, perhaps good checking could spare a dog the extra chemicals. Just a thought......