New Step Dad From Ottawa

Guest Shadow5555

Welcome to the board matie :pirate

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

I have to add one pic (hope you don't mind cj) for all the GT depp fans....This is Robin dressed up as Capt Jack Sparrow for Halloween this year. Gawd did he attract allot of attention :lol

Robinscamerapics001.jpg

He looks fabulous!! :clap :clap :clap

000000816.jpg

I think Jack approves!! :lol

Welcome to the madness of GT! :D:lol :lol

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Hi All

Just a bit about me.

I am originally a country boy from the Eastern Townships in Quebec (Lennoxvile) and a Labrador retriever owner.

I now find myself living in the city of Ottawa Ontario in a relationship with the most amazingly wonderful woman (Char AKA AroundTheHound).

As a result I am the proud step dad of Isabelle and Chester. These two lovable Greys decided to ease me through the loss

of my best Friend Shadow (the black lab in my profile pic) who passed away this summer.

Char introduced me to the GT community and I love it. I am really looking forward to meeting GT people at the many events we will be attending in the future. Char has been telling me so much about everyone she knows. :-) and I feel it only fair that you all get a chance to meet me and tell stories about her. :colgate

Welcome to GT! You are very lucky Char is as you said an amazing lady (I just adore her!), not to mention that she has aided me in my collar addiction! :lol As you will see the greyhound community is like nothing you've ever seen, especially on this message board. So sit back and enjoy the ride, before you know it you will eventually start a thread saying "Hi, My Name Is _________ And I'm A Greyhound Addict!" :lol:lol

Again welcome to GT! I wish you and Char all the happiness in the world. She is a special lady!

Karen

Edited by Lilysmom

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest Shadow5555
:colgate:colgate

Wow!!!!

I am also new with Greytalk!!!

Great to see there is friends from ''Lennox Vegas''

Grew up in Sherbrooke went to Champlain and now live in Montreal!

Greyhounds are like Extraterrestrials here....Very Rare!

We have the greatest Greyhound support group,

S.O.S. Levriers in DDO! We got Charlotte last June and now debating about getting a friend for her!

I really feel like she is lonely!

We need more events with greyhound lovers in Quebec!!

This Site is by far the best about Greylovers,

Thank you,

cynthia

What a small world. I lived across the road from AGRHS outside Lenoxville. I graduated from Champlain in 1985. B)

So when are you going to start doing Greyhound events in Quebec??? Montreal is very beautiful in the summer. :colgate

I will signup for sure :lol

Guest Shadow5555
Welcome, Robin! I'm so glad to "meet" you! I will likely meet you in person someday as I am a transplanted Ontarian and we go back quite often and have a plan to be back in the Spring and Char and I always TRY to meet up! (with no luck yet but hopefully Spring!). Your daughter is gorgeous and looks like a sweetheart! :)

It is wonderful to see that smile on Char's face, you are already a friend of mine! Enjoy the greyhound community, I know we will love having you around!!! :D

Hi Trish

Thanks for the warm welcome and I am looking forward to meeting you.

I think you are out Calgary way? Is that correct. I have friends and family out there so maybe we will head west and hook up with you.

I think we will meet on the road before then though. :lol:lol:lol

Yes my daughter is a little angel. She passed the doggie test with flying colors too. Isabelle and Chester just love her. :)

Guest Shadow5555
Hi All

Just a bit about me.

I am originally a country boy from the Eastern Townships in Quebec (Lennoxvile) and a Labrador retriever owner.

I now find myself living in the city of Ottawa Ontario in a relationship with the most amazingly wonderful woman (Char AKA AroundTheHound).

As a result I am the proud step dad of Isabelle and Chester. These two lovable Greys decided to ease me through the loss

of my best Friend Shadow (the black lab in my profile pic) who passed away this summer.

Char introduced me to the GT community and I love it. I am really looking forward to meeting GT people at the many events we will be attending in the future. Char has been telling me so much about everyone she knows. :-) and I feel it only fair that you all get a chance to meet me and tell stories about her. :colgate

Welcome to GT! You are very lucky Char is as you said an amazing lady (I just adore her!), not to mention that she has aided me in my collar addiction! :lol As you will see the greyhound community is like nothing you've ever seen, especially on this message board. So sit back and enjoy the ride, before you know it you will eventually start a thread saying "Hi, My Name Is _________ And I'm A Greyhound Addict!" :lol:lol

Again welcome to GT! I wish you and Char all the happiness in the world. She is a special lady!

Karen

Karen....Karen??? I am pretty sure I have heard about you from Char. ;)

I could be wrong because I am terrible with names and there are so many new ones. :rolleyes:

I really don't need another addiction. Being addicted to Char is a fully time passion. :colgate

I am looking forward to some of your stories regarding Char. :eek

See you soon. I hope.

Thanks for the welcome

Hey welcome to GT, be forewarned it is addictive :lol

You must be a good guy if you make Char smile like that. We are a bit like the Mafia that way, you make one of our girls happy so you we let you in :rofl

I am not Italian. Irish. :rolleyes:

Can I still be in?

Guest DogDayzGreyz
Welcome, Robin! I'm so glad to "meet" you! I will likely meet you in person someday as I am a transplanted Ontarian and we go back quite often and have a plan to be back in the Spring and Char and I always TRY to meet up! (with no luck yet but hopefully Spring!). Your daughter is gorgeous and looks like a sweetheart! :)

It is wonderful to see that smile on Char's face, you are already a friend of mine! Enjoy the greyhound community, I know we will love having you around!!! :D

Hi Trish

I think you are out Calgary way? Is that correct. I have friends and family out there so maybe we will head west and hook up with you.

Yes my daughter is a little angel. She passed the doggie test with flying colors too. Isabelle and Chester just love her. :)

yes, I am in Calgary! C'mon out and we'll take you guys skiing!

Hi Trish

yes, I am in Calgary! C'mon out and we'll take you guys skiing!

Sounds like fun Trish, but first I have to learn how to ski :lol

Robin loves skiing and I made a commitment to learn how, so he signed me up for lessons (which start next week whoo hooo)and I'm actually looking forward to them :colgate

I should be proficient in about a decade or so :lol so we will see you in 2018 :P

Edited by aroundthehound

[

What a small world. I lived across the road from AGRHS outside Lenoxville. I graduated from Champlain in 1985. B)

So when are you going to start doing Greyhound events in Quebec??? Montreal is very beautiful in the summer. :colgate

I will signup for sure :lol

We need to start by finding a fenced park and let our babies run wild...

I will keep you updated...

What about a greyhound Camping weekend next summer??

Wow..That would be awesome..

Cyn

Guest Shadow5555

We just bought a park for our babies. :ghplaybow

Signed the papers yesterday. :pepper:balloonparty:confetti

But don't tell anyone. It is a secret. :mum

Greyhound Camping sounds fun. You will have to book with Char. I think her next free weekend is in 2018. :lol::lol::lol::pirate

We just bought a park for our babies. :ghplaybow

Signed the papers yesterday. :pepper:balloonparty:confetti

But don't tell anyone. It is a secret. :mum

Greyhound Camping sounds fun. You will have to book with Char. I think her next free weekend is in 2018. :lol::lol::lol::pirate

More like a paradise...but you are right shhhhhhh

gawd I am excited!!!

Grew up in Sherbrooke went to Champlain and now live in Montreal!

Greyhounds are like Extraterrestrials here....Very Rare!

cynthia

HI Cynthia!!! :yay:welcome2

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Guest EaglesMom

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!

Any friend of Char's is a friend of mine!!! I agree with the Mafia part though, we love Char and are VERY protective of her (be scared, be very, very scared) :P

I am sure I will meet you at Gettysburg, I am sure I can come up with a story or two about Char to share (now it is your turn to be scared Char)

I look forward to meeting you, you make a very hot pirate by the way, do you do bachelorette parties? You could donate all of the stuffed dollar bills to greyhound rescue :devil

Guest Shadow5555

Any friend of Char's is a friend of mine!!! I agree with the Mafia part though, we love Char and are VERY protective of her (be scared, be very, very scared) :P

I am sure I will meet you at Gettysburg, I am sure I can come up with a story or two about Char to share (now it is your turn to be scared Char)

I look forward to meeting you, you make a very hot pirate by the way, do you do bachelorette parties? You could donate all of the stuffed dollar bills to greyhound rescue :devil

Thank you for the warm welcome it is always good to have connections in the right places. I never realized how connected Char was with the Mafia. She isn't even Italian. :lol

Unfortunately I have had to give up bachelorette parties. Char only unchains me for short 15 minute breaks. Maybe you can talk her into letting me loose more. ;)

After all greyhound recue is a great cause. :)

Can't wait to meet you.

Oh did Char tell you the big news?

Guest EaglesMom

Thank you for the warm welcome it is always good to have connections in the right places. I never realized how connected Char was with the Mafia. She isn't even Italian. :lol

Unfortunately I have had to give up bachelorette parties. Char only unchains me for short 15 minute breaks. Maybe you can talk her into letting me loose more. ;)

Can't wait to meet you.

Is this about the park/paradise? DETAILS......WE NEED DETAILS......

Edited by EaglesMom

Can't wait to meet you.

See this thread :colgate

Robin and Chars Big News

Guest Shadow5555

Can't wait to meet you.

It is definitly all about paradise. :lol

See Char's post for link to the info. I am still a pup with form stuff.