New Step Dad From Ottawa

Guest Shadow5555

Guest Shadow5555

Hi All

Just a bit about me.

I am originally a country boy from the Eastern Townships in Quebec (Lennoxvile) and a Labrador retriever owner.

I now find myself living in the city of Ottawa Ontario in a relationship with the most amazingly wonderful woman (Char AKA AroundTheHound).

As a result I am the proud step dad of Isabelle and Chester. These two lovable Greys decided to ease me through the loss

of my best Friend Shadow (the black lab in my profile pic) who passed away this summer.

Char introduced me to the GT community and I love it. I am really looking forward to meeting GT people at the many events we will be attending in the future. Char has been telling me so much about everyone she knows. :-) and I feel it only fair that you all get a chance to meet me and tell stories about her. :colgate

Edited by Shadow5555

Hey Robin....Yeah and big welcome and a smooch to you and a huge thanks for your incredible support

Here is a pic of Robin and I taken last month

robinchar.jpg

Robins incredibly beautiful and darling daughter Michele, who thankfully also LOVES dogs

michelleisabelle.jpg

A pic taken last week sans beard

Robinscamerapics186.jpg

I have to add one pic (hope you don't mind cj) for all the GT depp fans....This is Robin dressed up as Capt Jack Sparrow for Halloween this year. Gawd did he attract allot of attention :lol

Robinscamerapics001.jpg

Edited by aroundthehound

Guest hamiesmom

Hi Robin, welcome to the group from another Ottawa person. I'm sure we will be meeting in the near future, as my 9yr old red fawn boy has a couple of Char's collars and looks fabulous with them on. I agree with Char, you did make a smashing Jack Sparrow. Johnny Depp watch out. P.S. your daughter is lovely.

Welcome Robin. Hopefully we'll meet soon. Are you going to be at Sandy Paws?

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Whew, the pirate pic gives me the vapors! :lol

Welcome, Char is a great person and deserves all the happiness in the world!

(sorry, for those of you not in the south, it is pronounced VAPAHS and it is a good thing. :lol)

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest Shadow5555
Welcome Robin. Hopefully we'll meet soon. Are you going to be at Sandy Paws?

We are seriously considering Sandy Paws but are running into a few issues. With any luck they will be resolved. :colgate

Guest Shadow5555

(sorry, for those of you not in the south, it is pronounced VAPAHS and it is a good thing. :lol)

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.... Savvy. ;)

I personally believe Char is an Angel :angel

She has put up with me this long so she is definitely part Angel. :colgate

Guess I will have to brush up on my southern speak. :lol

Thanks for the warm welcome.

:lol I told him he looked better in eyeliner than I did :lol

seriously Robin created quite a stir with the women when we went out on Halloween :eek

Edited by aroundthehound

Guest Shadow5555
Welcome! I'm new here myself, and also lived in Ottawa for a time. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Love your Hallowe'en costume!

What costume??? :lol:lol:lol

Welcome to GT Robin! I'll see you next month in Solvang and hopefully at Sandy Paws too. Then for sure at GiG! :lol I get around to a lot of events.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

Hey welcome to GT, be forewarned it is addictive :lol

You must be a good guy if you make Char smile like that. We are a bit like the Mafia that way, you make one of our girls happy so you we let you in :rofl

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest PhillyPups
Welcome! I'm new here myself, and also lived in Ottawa for a time. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Love your Hallowe'en costume!

What costume??? :lol:lol:lol

You really are a pirate :lol:lol:lol

We won't discuss the pirate's booty here, but can you show it and ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ well we can all go ~~~~~~~~ thud ~ and ~ swoon

Robin, welcome to GT (from another retriever lover who got the Greyhound BUG!! )

You have a special lady there, take care of her, she will take care of you, and if you make her HAPPY the collars will be more than stunning!! (very selfish reasons, I know) but good to see you here. :D

Edited by PhillyPups

Guest cyndae

:colgate:colgate

Wow!!!!

I am also new with Greytalk!!!

Great to see there is friends from ''Lennox Vegas''

Grew up in Sherbrooke went to Champlain and now live in Montreal!

Greyhounds are like Extraterrestrials here....Very Rare!

We have the greatest Greyhound support group,

S.O.S. Levriers in DDO! We got Charlotte last June and now debating about getting a friend for her!

I really feel like she is lonely!

We need more events with greyhound lovers in Quebec!!

This Site is by far the best about Greylovers,

Thank you,

cynthia

Guest DogDayzGreyz

Welcome, Robin! I'm so glad to "meet" you! I will likely meet you in person someday as I am a transplanted Ontarian and we go back quite often and have a plan to be back in the Spring and Char and I always TRY to meet up! (with no luck yet but hopefully Spring!). Your daughter is gorgeous and looks like a sweetheart! :)

It is wonderful to see that smile on Char's face, you are already a friend of mine! Enjoy the greyhound community, I know we will love having you around!!! :D