Laddie's Limping....

Guest laceyj

Guest laceyj

Laddie's been limping. :( At first his foster mom thought he just strained himself running in her limited yard. But it has not gotten better, in fact he sometimes now holds it up. We took him to our group's vet, who is also my vet and grey savvy. She gave him a very thorough exam which produced no reaction from him at all. She said it's hard to tell of course, felt no swelling, but thinks it may be his knee. He's on an anti-inflammatory and so now we wait. The next step is of course x-rays and blood work.

I'm scared for him. I'm hoping it's just the CL. :hope

I know your prayer list is already long, but if you could spare a tiny one for Laddie it'd be greytly appreciated.

Hope it's just something minor that rest will heal. :goodluck Keeping Laddie in my prayers. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I think all of our first reactions about limping is thinking the worst.

I have 4 dogs and ALL of them have some sort of limp intermittently.

I hope that Laddie's limp will improve and prove to be nothing serious.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending my prayers that this is just a "nothing" :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest HeatherDemps

Sending prayers and positve thoughts...

After my own recent experience, I would move forward with x-rays, just to be safe. Dempsey limped at the end of November and the e-vet had to work really hard to pinpoint the location and to get a reaction from him. Didn't limp again for one month and then 2 weeks ago, the vet just had to touch the area lightly for him to limp. Obviously, he's limped in the past before that, but I was usually aware of something specific causing it (running into something, too much time at the dog park, etc).

Hoping that Laddie is great and that this turns out to be nothing!!

Sending positive thoughts... hopefully it'll turn out to be something minor. :goodluck :goodluck

Please keep us posted...

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest sophieandcooper

One day, our Sophie woke up with a limp. Both she and Cooper have had spontaneous limps that usually resolve in a day or so, but this one never did. After vet visits, blood work, and also x rays, we were reassured that it was probably just a muscle strain and given pain meds for Sophie. The pain meds helped a bit, but after she finished them, the limp came back. My husband finally figured it out and we realized that she had corns on her feet. In fact, she had them on all of her feet. We have now been hulling them out. She is now totally limp free. Our vet claimed to grey savy, but she never looked at her pads.

Guest couchpotato

We are dealing with something that might be similar. Major limp, dragging the foot, holding the leg up off the floor. Yet still tears it up when we come home and let him out, jumps up on & off the bed etc.

Last visit to the vet was about a month ago, physical exam, x-rays and blood work revealed nothing. But the limp was nowhere near as bad as it is now.

Already had started Jazz on Glucosamine HCI + Chondroitin Sulfate, then added an anti-inflammatory for a few days and then Rimadyl "as needed for pain/limping." We are giving him one sometimes two Rimadyl a day.

Probably will schedule another visit to the vet next week for peace of mind. For better or worse they know us well there.