Mohican Dear - December 18, 1998 - January 4, 2008

Guest Heehoo

Oh no, oh Hilda, there aren't words. :weep

Godspeed sweet Dear...

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no... I'm so sorry you lost your sweet boy. :cry1 My heart aches for you. He was dearly loved and cherished. :heart Godspeed, precious Dear... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

My heart goes out to you at this difficult time. Dear was so deeply loved and cared for. I know you are feeling the loss terribly and I hope you find some comfort in the wonderful times you had together.

:f_red :f_red :f_red

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I'm so very sorry Hilda :(:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Snowy8

I was laying in the bed this morning, Gogh on one side, Gabby on the other....and I was thinking about Dear.

My fondest memories, when he was ready to be fed...if I was sitting down, he'd try to climb in my lap. This was a very tall, lanky, 80 lb dog...first he'd make this kind of squeeling noise, then one leg would come up....soon another would try to make its way but by then I'd gotten the hint. If he wanted out, he'd push by everyone & be the first to the door...in that stance...you know the one where they open the starting gate. He'd race out the door, everyone following. He was the fun doggie...he'd start the runs around the yard. The ones where if you're picking up poop & they're running toward you, just freeze, the tsunami will split when it gets to you...you hope.

Dear was full of life...his eyes sparkled all the time, if I stood up from the chair after reading GT...he was the first to be at my side...I used him & Jack a lot for balance & they'd stand so still & strong.

He wasn't first to be fed at night, but he knew when it was his turn & he'd stand right in his spot.

I laughed yesterday when I read how Queen Barbie Jade would be drilling Dear when he got to the bridge, I could just see her telling him the rules. Beryl's son was handing out treats & Dear would quietly wait for his, but accidently bite the finger as he got it.

I know Pegasus was there waiting, tail going ninety to nothing to see his old friend again....whole, black & shiney.

I am going to miss this big guy, but I have so many wonderful memories. He helped me through so much, helping him through his discomfort was the least I could do.

I miss you Dear... :beatheart

Dec02450.jpg

Edited by Snowy8

Guest BlackandBrindle

Hilda, I haven't stopped thinking of you since yesterday :grouphug

Dear was a very special soul and my heart hurts that he had to go so soon. :grouphug

I am very sorry for your loss. I hope that Dear sends you a sign soon that he and Pegasus are both ok.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I'm so sorry.

:gh_run

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I've just been reading Dear's story in your previous posts and I wanted to add my sincere condolences on the passing of your precious boy.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I am so sorry! :f_red:f_pink My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

:gh_run2 Run Free Mohican

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter