Logan Is Having Surgery Tomorrow

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I just saw this....Hope Logan did well....

Any updates??

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Sorry I haven't updated but Logan isn't doing so well :( I picked him up at 4:30 and he looked like he had been in a car wreck. His leg is horribly bruised from the IV.

100_0904E.jpg

He bit his tongue in recovery and it is also bruised and swollen. This is the best pic I could get of his tongue. Look toward the back and on the bottom.

100_0907E.jpg

They had an issue with him draining after the surgery and he is wrapped up like a mummy.

100_0905E.jpg

I don't know if he is just still groggy from the sedation or if his tongue is the problem but he wants to drink but can't. He sticks his nose in the water and it just runs out of his mouth. He stands there and just cries. He is very restless, he will lie down but not close his eyes. He startles easily, Gypsy layed down near us and exhaled kinda loud and he about jumped out of his skin. It is taking me forever to write this because I am constantly running into the other room to make sure he hasn't moved. I have tried to get him to eat a little of his kibble, some cottage cheese and a popcicle but nothing interests him. I just want to make him better :weep

Edited by win4profit
Everyday-4.jpg

Oh no Sue!

Hopefully his recovery will be fast...poor guy...sounds like he has been through the ringer...

Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Give him a couple hours and then see if he wants a little snack or a drink. Did they send pain meds home with him? Sending gentle hugs to poor mummy boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Call the vet in the AM and ask about pain meds. Grace recently had to be put under (not planned). He surgery was 5-6pm, I took her home at 7pm, she didn't get up until 11pm on her own. She got up to switch beds, and went right back to sleep. Vet said no food night of surgery. He said VERY small meal in the AM, with pain meds. She didn't get up until 5:30AM the day after surgery to potty, and then promptly went back to sleep. She finally got up for food and water at 9:00AM. I wouldn't push him much for food or water until tomorrow. (Unless your vet told you otherwise)

Sending gentle healing thoughts.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest Winterwish

Sending get well wishes and thoughts of healing for Logan. He looks just as you describe. :(:gh_child

hopefully today he's feeling much better. I'd give a call for something for pain too. :grouphug

Hope Logan is having a better day today!

How is our little boy this morning? :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

We had an awful night. I took his water bowl into the bedroom hoping he would be able to drink a little through the night. He did not want to sleep on either bed and instead layed on the floor and I placed his pillow under his head and stroked his neck until he would drift off. I would then hop in bed for an hours sleep and he would wake up and cry. Every time he woke up, I got up and offered him some water and then repeated the process of getting him comfortable. Sometime around 3:30, he had quite a bit of water and then layed on one of the beds. Unfortunately, the longest we all slept was 1 hour and 20 minutes. He ate a little breakfast this morning but still acted groggy. I really hated to leave him and go to work. I phoned the vet first thing this morning and got some tramadol. I just came home and checked on him and he seems more alert. He ate some canned food and I stuffed them with his pain meds so he should get some needed sleep. I will update more after work.

Everyday-4.jpg

Guest LeighandSam

Poor guy..and poor you with no sleep. He must be feeling a little better if he is eating. Hopefully, the pain meds with help.

Get well soon Logan!

Poor Baby, I am so sorry I just saw this!! :grouphug:f_pink But I am very happy that all went well and we will continue to pray for Logan, His tongue might hurt too bad to drink, please ask the vet you don,t want him to dyrate! :getwell:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Poor Logan. Hope he feels better soon. :getwell:bighug :bighug Please keep us posted...

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Vinnie

We feel so bad for both of you. It seems surgeries take so much out of both our furkids and us. As far as water - have you tried ice cubes with him? Whenever our Angel Vinnie was done with surgery and/or chemo he was always thirsty but never wanted water - but would gobble up ice cubes as fast as you could give them to him.

And I agree about the food - most times after surgery they just don't want to eat. So I wouldn't worry so much about that the first day or two. On the draining part and where he had his IV on the leg - all that blood will be reabsorbed - which seems really weird - but Vinnie was a champion "bruiser" with the blood whenever they put an IV in - and after his amputation there was a lot of draining of blood areas and fluid areas - and while it looks horrible, they said it did not cause them any pain or discomfort so not to worry (yeah right, is what you are probably thinking, just like we did). But, they were right and while it took awhile to reabsorb everything, that's just what it did.

And for sleep, you might put down an airbed or something you are comfortable sleeping on the floor with and lay down with him, that's the only way we got sleep for the first week after Vinnie's amputation. You wake at the slightest movement or sound and by morning feel like you've been run over by a mack truck, but at least this way he won't fall off your bed or couch and he will feel better with you down on his level.

Hoping that Logan and you have a better day. Continued healing thoughts and prayers.