Logan Is Having Surgery Tomorrow

I posted back in August about these lumps on Logans belly when he all of a sudden came up with a hemotoma (sp ?) in the area. The hematoma went away in a few days so I did not take him to the vet at that time. However, this past Saturday, one of the lumps started swelling and then by the evening a 2nd lump was developing. The second lump was different than the others that he has had for years, this one was hard. :( By Sunday the whole area was red and the new lump was huge, the photos don't do it justice. The 2nd photo kinda shows how swollen the area was. Logan is such a tough guy and did not show any signs of discomfort when I inspected his belly. Monday morning I called the vet and was able to get him in right away. He said with growths such as these, the rule of thumb is as follows.... If it bleeds or oozes, if it changes shape or swells or if it causes pain or discomfort then we want to remove it. Since Logan had 2 out of the 3 we agreed to surgery to remove them. We had pre-surgery bloodwork drawn that day and the results came back today, the vet says everything looks good so we are scheduled for surgery tomorrow afternoon. Logan is 8 years old and it always worries me when they are put under sedation. I'm really not sure who needs the prayers more at this time, I am already a nervous wreck.

Oh yeah, once he came home from the vet Monday, both areas broke open and have been bleeding and oozing continually. I have been bandaging the area and changing the dressing twice a day. The smell from the discharge is awful. :puke I have included pics from before and after the rupture.

100_0898E.jpg

100_0899E.jpg

100_0902E.jpg

Everyday-4.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You both have our prayers. Logan be strong.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh poor, poor baby. Looks nasty. Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow's surgery goes well, and sending hugs to you and Logan. :goodluck:grouphug

Edited by merlinsmum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Ooofff! Poor guy. Good thoughts for an easy surgery tomorrow....he's SURE to feel better once those things are gone!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest LolasMom

Aw poor baby. By the "angry" looks of that he should be feeling much better when all is done.

Prayers and well wishes for an easy successful surgery and recovery. :heart

Youch! I'm glad Logan isn't bothered.

Red had a nasty lump removed the Friday afer Thanksgiving. It turned out to be benign. I am hoping it's the same for Logan. Adding: Red is also 8.

I know you are worried.

Sending hugs,

Edited by VinnieAndRexsMom

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

We will definitely keep Logan in our thoughts and prayers. Be strong big guy.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sending my many prayers and the most gentle hugs for Logan and you too! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Yikes. Hope surgery goes well and completes the treatment.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hoping everything goes smoothly and loving thoughts your way!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Ditto just seeing this now . . . . Logan, there's a good reason you didn't get breakfast this morning so be patient. When you wake up this afternoon those nasties will be gone.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Sending prayers for Logan. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Vinnie

Adding our prayers :hope and healing thoughts :candle for a quick recovery time and uneventful surgery. Just a thought, you might double check that your vet/surgeon is aware of the special needs of our greyts when going under sedation - I was surprised at how many in our area had no idea of how sensitive they are to it. We were lucky and found a vet who had a greyt of their own.

Hugs and scritches to you both. :gh_child:getwell:grouphug