Soooo... What Can I Expect?

Well, so far Tipper hasn't gotten too excited about Alimony. He sniffs her bed closely after she gets up, but that's about it. They are never outside in the yard alone, and we're never out at all more than a few minutes, thanks to Ol' Man Winter. :rolleyes: I'll make a Petco run later this morning.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest Honeysmom

The girlies drip for about three weeks especially when they first wake up in the morning or from a nap. The vets usually prefer to wait to spay them until the flow has stopped. Panties with a pad attached is a good try but watch because they may eat the soiled liner or the diaper :eek:ohno:blink:

Guest shelbygirl07

I rescued 2 cats from an abusive home about 15 years ago. I had the

Male fixed immediately since I had another male cat a d I was afraid my new kitty was going to spray. I had an appt for the female 2 weeks later but she ended up going in to heat the day I brought my male home from the vet. The timing could'nt have been better for neutering him bit I had every tom cat at my house because of her. One day I opened the front door to get the mail and 2 of them flew into the house faster then I could react. I chased them around the house for an hour breaking up fights between my 2 fixed males and the 2 toms. Thank god neither tom reache her!!

she was fixed the moment she went out of season.

Edited by shelbygirl07

Indie went into heat the Friday before her spay. Dr. Barr's office suggested a six to eight week wait. I think we actually went about ten because of timing the appointment and transporting her up there from here. We didn't have any issues with the neutered males in our house, but every other male in town was patrolling the outside of the fence line. We had little fuss or muss and she was just fine. I didn't notice any difference in her behavior, but she is very lovey dovey under normal circumstances.