Biopsy

Guest Santakimo

Guest Santakimo

Hi - I'm new to this forum & was interested in experiences with biopsy? My 11 year-old has a palm-sized lump on his right shoulder - xray and needle aspiration were inconclusive so we have a biopsy scheduled for Monday. I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best - just not sure what we're in for with this procedure? Thanks!

Guest Santakimo

I think I need to confirm that (my head is spinning today!) They didn't call it a bone biopsy but more like a sample/we'll take out what we can while we're in there. With his age & how painful I've heard these can be, much as we have this scheduled, I'm just nervous about the whole thing!

Guest HeatherDemps

I understand your nervousness- I, too, am worried about a biopsy. We are going to try for the needle aspiration but a biopsy may be necessary as they are concered the needle may bend. An oncologist told me to expect for my dog to be lame for up to 1 week if we have to do the biopsy. He said there is the option of using some kind of pain patch to help control the pain in addition to the curent meds, so this may be worth asking about.