Crystals In Dried Pee?

Guest i_heart_greys

Guest i_heart_greys

Hi - I just noticed one of our dogs (I suspect our new broodie) had peed on a blanket in our spare bedroom. It had dried and I noticed some very fine crystals - almost like crystal dust.

Does all pee contain a certain amount of crystals? Should I get her into the vet?

We haven't had any potty problems with her, so maybe her peeing on the bed is a sign of an infection?

thank you!

Yes, peeing in the bed is very likley an infection as are crystals in the urine. Time for the vet :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest alannamac

Urine contains urea....which crystallizes when dry if at high concentrations. Definitely check with your vet, and also make sure all of your pups are drinking plenty of water, somebody may have a UTI.

Dried pee often looks like it has crystals. This is normal. However, if the dog is out of character by peeing somewhere new, I would try to get a sample of pee and bring it into the vet (check for UTI).

Guest i_heart_greys

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I caught some of her pee for this afternoon's visit. She's not eating and drinking a lot of water. We'll see what the vet says.

Thanks again.