She's Home

Guest lotsogreysmom

Guest lotsogreysmom

Well, we picked up Carlee's ashes tonight.....we were okay. Afterwards we went out to dinner and dh wouldn't leave her ashes in the car....so she went in to eat with us...lol. For those of you that missed the original thread because of the holiday, here it is: Carlee's Passing. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers....it really means a lot to us!

I bet it's nice to have her home, and what a lucky girl to get to go to the restaurant with you. I bet she's been waiting a LONG time for that. :) Godspeed Carlee, run free and fast.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Due to the holiday, I hadn't seen the previous thread---thanks for posting the link. I am just stunned, trying to imagine what you've gone through at what is supposed to be such a joyful time. What a terrible shock. It must be doubly hard for you to comprehend her loss---so sudden, so young, and on Christmas Eve! I'm so sorry you lost your precious girl. Getting their ashes back is very emotional as well, but I think many of us find comfort in knowing they are "home" again. The finality of that can be overwhelmingly sad, but it allows us to proceed in our grief, hopefully to a stage beyond that bewilderment caused by such a sudden loss. I'm glad that she got to come into the resturant with you. Knowing that she wouldn't have been allowed, had she been there in "canine", might have made you smile. And I think she would have liked that. I actually carried my Nick's ashes on several vacations with me, once meaning to scatter some of them ( I just can't let them all go), but I didn't find just the right time. So he just came with us, and came home with us. I think I might do that again.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry to read about Carlee's passing. :(

May she run with the bridge angels.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

I'm glad you brought her in to the restaurant. Little things like that can help. I'm still bringing a photo of our Simon with us whenever we go away from home overnite. It's in a hard plastic magnetic frame so it won't get damaged, and I can still feel like she's with us. I know it's a little silly, but I don't care.

I couldn't beleive this when I read it on XMAS day and I can't beleive it now.

I am so sorry.

Run free sweet Carlee.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Kim, Nathan, Tabby & Caleb: I can't believe she's gone but I'm glad she's home with you. Leave it to Nathan to take her to dinner. Remember she still comes to Aunt Kathy's in August with the others, she can stay next to Adam.

:f_white:grouphug:f_white

Run Free Miss Carlee :gh_run

Love

Kathy & Rich along with Skylar, Bailey, Julie, Casey and Izzy - with Adam at the Bridge 12/24/97-11/13/06