Have You Thanked Your Secret Santa?

Trudy

It happens every year, several members see the package has arrived in the system, but never hear a word of thanks for the package that was received.

We are mostly adults here and common courtesy should be easy as pie. All it takes is a couple minutes of your time to send a PM. If you don't know the GT name of your SS, let me know, I have that info. A post, PM - I've even had some people ask me for real names so they could send out snail mail thank yous.

People put thought and effort into packages (normally - I can't say that for everybody... I know I did and I know the person that sent my package put a great deal of thought into my package as well) and it would be nice for them to hear that you appreciate their thoughtfulness.

We have 3 people still waiting for their package to be received. But everybody else has likely already opened their packages and know who sent it. A quick message of "thanks" will make the exchange complete :)

Guest tammymacb

I've thanked all of my SSs in private threads, BUT again "Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!" I appreciate your gifts and your time and care.

I'm glad that I know that 3 of my recipients really liked their gifts. I hope the others 2 did also.

Guest savvyprchick

I have thanked both of mine in individual threads... but a thank you letter will be coming in the next few weeks in the mail (waiting for USPS to catch up so they don't lose them!).

I received a thanks from one of mine but not the other one. :(

I have thanked both of mine. We had GREYT SSs and we really appreciated everything they did for us.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I was happy to see that our SS gift made it through all the bad weather. Our SS giftee had a thank you in her original package message. While a note that they liked or didn't like the gifts would be nice and I believe that courtesy is important, I'm not in SS for the thanks but because it's so much fun to give. Perhaps that's why some people didn't include their name in the gifts, the secret is part of the joy of giving. Just a thought. Happy New Year everyone!

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!

I hopy my SSs know that I totally and honestly appreciated EVERYTHING we got from them for Christmas. We had some pretty amazing stuff! :)

I'm sad to report, however, that none of the stuffies have made it to New Years. :lol They are but shells of their former selves.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

It makes a difference. I never heard word one from one last year, which of course made me think I sent horrid gifts, so I decided not to risk it this year.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

It makes a difference. I never heard word one from one last year, which of course made me think I sent horrid gifts, so I decided not to risk it this year.

A friend of mine that had been active here had the same thing happen last year. When I told her the SS exchange had opened she said the same thing you mentioned above.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

A friend of mine that had been active here had the same thing happen last year. When I told her the SS exchange had opened she said the same thing you mentioned above.

Aww man, that stinks :angry

Mau, you send the neatest stuff. I had you for SB one year and got the neatest MArdi Gras beads and whatnot. We loved our gift from you. :)

Guest greytmonty

I know our SS gift arrived because the recipient posted a funny comment when it got there three weeks before Christmas, and I know they were going to wait til Christmas to open it. I haven't heard anything else which is disappointing because I used some hints to pick some things out I thought would be fun.

Last year our SS recipient posted the funniest thread of opening the gifts with great pictures to show the process! That made it really fun for me too.

Guest EmbersDad

i thanked both my secret santas in threads, got a thank you from one of my recipients, but not a peep from the other. being the pessimist i am, im thinking my gift bombed :-(, but i see others appear to be in the same boat.

I know our SS gift arrived because the recipient posted a funny comment when it got there three weeks before Christmas, and I know they were going to wait til Christmas to open it. I haven't heard anything else which is disappointing because I used some hints to pick some things out I thought would be fun.

Last year our SS recipient posted the funniest thread of opening the gifts with great pictures to show the process! That made it really fun for me too.

I agree. Seeing the photos of the dog opening the gifts or wearing the apparel was fun for me too. Last year I took a picture of Brandy with her Santa chicken and that is one of my favorite keepsakes of her.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest guinness_the_greyt

I think my BF threw away the card that went with Guinn's gift... so I emailed Trudy to get their GT name... I DO KNOW her name is Robin and she's from Canada... but not the Loca and Phoenix Robin... :P

My gang got the BESTEST presents ever this year!!! Not that every year hasn't been awesome! But this year rocked!

i thanked both my secret santas in threads, got a thank you from one of my recipients, but not a peep from the other. being the pessimist i am, im thinking my gift bombed :-(, but i see others appear to be in the same boat.

:nod I'm in the boat with you. Mine receieved her present, thanked her other SS then hasn't been on GT since. Maybe my present was so crummy she gave up on GT? :dunno

Every SS I've had has gone WAYYYY beyond the call of duty and it has been wonderful and I am most certainly grateful. I do wonder sometimes if people get wonderful gifts from SS like mine that have the means, then get peeved at those of us that want to participate but can only spend the $20 -$25. I know that my present would look pretty measley compared to what I received, especially if they arrived at the same time.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest Mom2Gr8dawgs

I thanked one, but the other didn't include any info about who he or she is in the box. I thought maybe I'd get a PM or something letting me know, but not yet....so Thank You whoever you are. Maggie loved her gifts.

Guest guinness_the_greyt
I thanked one, but the other didn't include any info about who he or she is in the box. I thought maybe I'd get a PM or something letting me know, but not yet....so Thank You whoever you are. Maggie loved her gifts.

PM Trudy... she'll get you the info super fast!!

Guest VanillaBean

What a bummer not to have heard a thing. I have thanked both of mine, and both of mine have thanked me. It was a great first SS for me! Will be doing it again, for sure!

Traci

Guest charmsmom

I thanked both of mine and posted pictures for them. I didn't send PMs, but I know they saw the thanks posts because they responded to them. I was very pleased with my SS. :)

Guest vtgreys

This was my second time participating (I skipped last year, since I had just lost Benny and Yoshi in 2006, and Jax was officially still a foster at the time). I've only had good experiences both ways. If I go over the "recommended" amount, I only do it because I can at the time and I enjoy doing it, I know we have people here from all walks of life, and I appreciate the fact that everyone can participate. The fact that people put the thought into it and get to know fellow GT'ers in the process is what makes this special, regardless of the amount spent.

So, thanks for doing this, I'll definitely be in again next year!

If I go over the "recommended" amount, I only do it because I can at the time and I enjoy doing it, I know we have people here from all walks of life, and I appreciate the fact that everyone can participate.

I appreciate the fact everyone can participate -- especially you! :blush (as I nosh on the last of the awesome Lake Champlain chocolates) :chow Do I need to "fridgerate" the syrup once it is opened? It was quite the challenge to get the wax open but man was it good. Thanks again :):kiss2

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg