Once In A Lifetime...............

Guest Mommydog

Guest Mommydog

comes along a hound with whom you have a very special connection. Rafferty was my "once in a lifetime" boy.

We were so very close we seemed to know what one another was thinking. We went almost everywhere together, to work, to the local shops, and of course all those long wonderful walks together. You had all the local shopkeepers trained to keep treats in just for you. You were the sweetest, gentlest-natured soul, and quite the local character. Many people mourned your passing besides me.

My dearest memory of you, is of a hot summer's day at the beach. It was so hot I kicked off my shoes and joined you paddling in the tide. I thought I'd have a bit of fun and started kicking water at you. You decided two could play this game! And started doing fly-bys until I was quite thoroughly soaked, but oh, how I laughed and I know you were laughing in your own way too.

I'm sure you knew that the time for you to leave was getting close, and how devastated I would be. So when we saw Joe running loose on the beach that Sunday afternoon, you drew him to us. Four months later with Joe nicely settled in, you knew your job was done, and so slipped quietly away.

I still miss and think about you every day, and I always will until we meet again at the bridge :brokenheart Love Mommy

IMG.jpg

Adopted 16.11.1992 Rafferty 27.12.2001

Thank you for sharing your beautiful tribute to Rafferty... :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Oh Angie, it must seem like yesterday. Anniversaries allow us the opportunity to reflect and share.

Thank you for sharing.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Angie, I know that pain so well...

Its funny how when they know their time is close, they'll pull another in to our lives to distract us from what's happening. Sometimes they pick one like themselves and sometimes they pick one totally opposite so as to keep your mind busy & away from the painful memories.

Raffie knew Joey needed a lot of love and a good home...its like they snap those little paw & poof...a needy one appears. Their whole being is magical...:snow

I am so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg