Baby Wipes Safe On Greyhounds?

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

I bought some baby wipes (unsented/alcohol free) to use on Angel's face. She is a very messy eater (only 2 teeth left). I used them on her two days ago. Early the next morning she vomited what little food was left in her stomach. Wouldn't eat breakfast, hours later vomited stomach bile, wouldn't eat dinner, later vomited clear fluids. Next day.....same thing, now vomiting yellow bile (larger amounts). She drinks, pees OK and seems "normal" otherwise.

We do have a Vet appt this afternoon. It just seems strange that all of this happened since using the baby wipes. We checked very carefully the walking paths for any strange items/liquids/etc and looked OK.

Guest Tenderhearts

I used the unscented baby wipes on my Lori Ann with no problems. I'm sorry your girl isn't feeling well! Please update us when you can after the appointment, and prayers for your girl :hope :hope :hope :hope

Guest KennelMom

I use baby wipes on our greys with no problems, though I don't use them on their face...a warm washcloth usually does the trick there.

Hope your girl is feeling better soon! Keep us posted :getwell

Guest charmsmom

I don't think that's the baby wipes, especially after only one day. It sounds like she might have a bug. Yellow bile is usually an indicator of a stomach virus. I hope she feels better soon!!! :(

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

Thanks for the info and well wishes for Angel!

She was checked out today at the Vet office. The regular stuff all was normal. I had him take a couple x-rays to make sure she didn't have any internal problems. Showed how irritated her stomach and large intestines are, no blockage or other concerns. I even took a vomit sample....worried Mommy! He gave her an injection to calm the nausea, pills for the "vomit" response, and pecid for the acid stomach. If she doesn't respond to these or has any new symptoms I am to call back right away.

Starting tomorrow we will give her small amounts of boiled chicken and rice 3 times a day. Then gradually go back to regular food.

Vet doesn't feel the baby wipes had anything to do with her being sick. We just don't know what else could be the culprit.

:gh_lay

Only dangerous if they were manufactured by Menu foods. :lol

Cynthia,You are so sick! B) Seriously hope eveything is going to be o.k with your pup.

Thanks for the info and well wishes for Angel!

She was checked out today at the Vet office. The regular stuff all was normal. I had him take a couple x-rays to make sure she didn't have any internal problems. Showed how irritated her stomach and large intestines are, no blockage or other concerns. I even took a vomit sample....worried Mommy! He gave her an injection to calm the nausea, pills for the "vomit" response, and pecid for the acid stomach. If she doesn't respond to these or has any new symptoms I am to call back right away.

Starting tomorrow we will give her small amounts of boiled chicken and rice 3 times a day. Then gradually go back to regular food.

Vet doesn't feel the baby wipes had anything to do with her being sick. We just don't know what else could be the culprit.

:gh_layHope she feels better soon.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb