Gum - Mouth Tumors - Any Experience?

Guest greyhoundis

Guest greyhoundis

Aspen is 12 1/2. Got her June 30th from the farm. She had a dental after she had been here a couple months - needed to get the titers under control from tick born disease - and recently I noticed a growth surrounding one of her bottom canine. Vet will remove the tooth Thursday and do a biopsy. Two rounds of different antis has not helped it any.

Years ago one of my girls kept getting these and they were always benign. However I had a vet that would share NOTHING with me so I am still virtually ignorant on the subject.

Anyone with any experience with these. Aspens look really sore and seems to be growing. Odd thing is it surrounds the whole canine. Of course I am hoping for just a bad tooth.

Guest greyhoundis
It sounds like an epulis.

Epulis - click for link

Best get her seen, because if it needs to be removed, the sooner the better simply because of the size. Good luck!

THANK YOU! I wanted to read up on it but had no clue!!

Actually she has been seen - last Saturday and is scheduled for surgery tomorrow with a biopsy. And after reading what you sent I understand what the vet was talking about when she pressed on the jaw line and said no bone loss was evident. It was fast growing cause she just had a dental.

Again than you for the info!

Just prior to me bringing Teddy in for his 1st real dental, I noticed a smll whitish round hard lump on the roof of his mouth right behind his front teeth. It was removed during the dental and it was benign. Sometimes they grow back and sometimes not but most of the time, they are benign.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending good thoughts for Aspen - will be thinking of her! :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.