Grace's Progress

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending more prayers and healing light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greyt2love
:colgate She is looking so much better ! I had this in September with my Caesar. His wounds were not so severe as Grace's, but it would not stop leaking through the sutures. He did have the second surgery to remove dead tissue, but as soon as it was over, he bounced right back and started healing. You can't even tell he had any damage now when you look at his neck. Fingers crossed Grace keeps up the good recovery !!

Poor Grace; I just read what happened to her but I didn't read on to see what happened with the owners of #4. I certainly hope they are taking care of your expenses. Here I am worried about a couple of staples in Stel's shoulder and then I see Grace. I'm glad to hear she's improving. Please keep us updated.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest VelvetEars

I hope she continues to heal! If you have some lavender essential oil, put a drop on her bed or on her turtleneck. It's antibacterial, antiseptic, and will help her relax!

It's starting to look a lot better. I hope she is able to avoid another surgery.

:kiss2 Gracie

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Staples are out, no additional surgery needed! :yay I'm so relieved that the wound healed up after the initial scare and infection. I was very diligent in washing the wounds twice a day and the second antibiotic did the trick. I'm especially relieved because our vet leaves town tomorrow for a week. This was the best Christmas present I could ask for. My girl is back, she's playing with toys and she wants to run in the yard. I'm thrilled she is on the mend. She sure is a trooper! Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone.

ETA: I'm off to see the Nutcracker, but I'll post more photos later.

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Wonderful news!! Good for you Grace! :yay :yay Bless her heart. At this rate she'll be all healed up in no time! :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Wow!! That's fabulous! The difference between day 6 and day 7 is amazing!! :clap

That's just great, and I'm so glad she's getting back to full-normal!! So now you can give her a more full-on hug from me, eh?

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Here are the photos I promised. Grace is back to her old self, trying to run in the yard (I want to keep her quiet for just a few more days, her neck muscles were ripped pretty bad) and is again showing the stuffies who the boss really is. :wub: I'm so happy to have my little girl back, the house has been all too quiet for the last two weeks.

"Mom, gimme that cookie!"

DSCN0333.jpg

DSCN0317.jpg

And for comparison, here's Day 1 and Day 4 (the worst day) post op...

DSCN0223.jpg

DSCN0245.jpg

Edited by gracegirl

Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Oh sweetie, it's so good to see you happy and perky again :wub: :wub: :wub: .

Grace you're such a strong girl and mom you did an incredible job! Bravo, both of you! :yay

Hey, thanks :blush

I'd do anything for my dogs, I'm so glad I was here for the holidays to take care of her. I would have canceled travel plans if I had them though. It's been a long few weeks and I'm really looking forward to the weekend. We'll go for a hike (fingers crossed for at least a few dry hours) and we'll watch lots of college football, but mostly we'll NOT have to clean wounds, administer meds or worry at all.

And thanks to Alisha at 2 Hounds Design for the harness....that's allowed us to mentally heal too since we could all go for walks together on her good days. That harness had been perfect and VERY much appreciated.

Thanks for all the well wishes, I was scared there for a while that we'd have to operate again but thankfully the powerful healing thoughts from GT prevented that!

Edited by gracegirl

Ah, Grace.....she looks absolutely beautiful! In more ways than one. It's amazing how resilient they are, even through a long haul like this. I guess lots of prayers help too, and she certainly had those. As well as a Mom who hung in there with her every step of the way. You're both remarkable. I'm so glad she's doing REALLY well.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown