We Are Making Progress On Healing

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

Randy actually left the owie on his lower leg alone all night while it was not bandaged. However, this morning he proceded to lick it till it started bleeding again! :angry:

By keeping it clean, spraying generously with the Granulex, and then bandaging most of the time, the owie has gone from approximately quarter-sized to less than a dime :clap

We will be in Wichita with my granddaughter shopping this afternoon, so he is bandaged again.

At least we ARE making progress in getting it healed :D

That's good news :D

DeVon - when Radar had his hip surgery and he kept removing the staples/stitches, we ended up having to let the wound heal by itself. It was quite a big wound. In the end, my vet gave me something called Colloidal Silver and it really really speeded up the healing. Did a google thingy for you http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&s...ver&spell=1

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I tried Colloidal Silver on Sugar's feet that she won't leave alone :angry: and it helped. I'm also blasting them with Bactine Spray whenever I catch her licking (feet, I worry more about infection). Still a long slow process. Glad Mr. Poopiehead is healing, however slowly :lol

We have our own Mr. Poo-Head. Max has licked a raw spot on his left hind leg. There was no wound to begin with...this is purely an OCD hound manifestation. Grrrr.

He has EMT gel, a non-stick pad/wrap and a footless baby sock on his leg. If he keeps it up, I am puttin the sock on his snout!!!

Behave, you two bad boys!!!

Guest Tenderhearts
We have our own Mr. Poo-Head. Max has licked a raw spot on his left hind leg. There was no wound to begin with...this is purely an OCD hound manifestation. Grrrr.

He has EMT gel, a non-stick pad/wrap and a footless baby sock on his leg. If he keeps it up, I am puttin the sock on his snout!!!

I feel your pain! :angry:

Yesterday I had taken the bandaging off again to let it air out, and as soon as he trotted off into the living room out of my sight...yep, he licked it till it bled again.

I bandaged him up AGAIN because we were going to be gone for several hours.

Perhaps boot camp for our boys? :POed:rofl :rofl :rofl

Have you considered a neurological issue? I've a friend whose greyhound was constantly licking a spot on her front leg; turned out to be nerve impingement at a cervical vertebra. She stopped licking after chiropractic treatment.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Have you considered a neurological issue? I've a friend whose greyhound was constantly licking a spot on her front leg; turned out to be nerve impingement at a cervical vertebra. She stopped licking after chiropractic treatment.

He licks a variety of spots. It is never the same one. Sometimes it is a foot...sometimes a leg. He has also made his anal area sore in the past. Drives me crazy! Indigo doesn't do this at all.

He licks a variety of spots. It is never the same one. Sometimes it is a foot...sometimes a leg. He has also made his anal area sore in the past. Drives me crazy! Indigo doesn't do this at all.

If it makes you feel any better, Turbo is the consumate hoo-hoo licker. And there's nothing wrong with him. Well, psychologically, maybe :lol

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

If it makes you feel any better, Turbo is the consumate hoo-hoo licker. And there's nothing wrong with him. Well, psychologically, maybe :lol

The hoo-hoo licking I can ignore. It is the open wound action that makes me crazy! I wonder if it could be a food allergy? But then...aaaarrrrgh...we enter the whole "find-a-kibble-that-won't-make-liquid-poo" realm!!!!!

Guest Tenderhearts
The hoo-hoo licking I can ignore. It is the open wound action that makes me crazy! I wonder if it could be a food allergy? But then...aaaarrrrgh...we enter the whole "find-a-kibble-that-won't-make-liquid-poo" realm!!!!!

If it's any consolation, Mr. Toby is our OCD pup here. He will literally lick a wet spot on the sofa or pillow (wherever he is laying) when Amber isn't home. He will also lick the skin off of your arm if given the chance :blink::P

If it's any consolation, Mr. Toby is our OCD pup here. He will literally lick a wet spot on the sofa or pillow (wherever he is laying) when Amber isn't home. He will also lick the skin off of your arm if given the chance :blink::P

Max & Toby must be cut from the same cloth. He has licked (then chewed) a hole in two different quilts.

Guest Tenderhearts
whahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Amazing what persistance and the threat of death can do, isn't it?!!! Way to go

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Perfect timing too because the vet wrap was about gone! :lol

Guest ellieb

The Other PooHead (a.k.a. Max) is almost all healed up, too. The human liquid bandage finally did the trick. It dried to a crust quick enough that he couldn't lick it off.

Glad everyone is doing better!

Happy New Year!