New Member Here!

Guest ScottyMc

Guest ScottyMc

Hi all,

My name is Scott and I live in the UK.

I was never really interested in Greyhounds as such although my last neighbour is/was a breeder/trainer and so I was used to the sights and sounds of Grey's (I must add he is one of the very few who looks after his dogs and makes sure they go to a good home once retired).

Myself and my g/f Mim wanted another dog as a companion to Zac , our Border Terrier X(RIP little fella) as he was getting old and thought another dog might perk him up in his twilight years. We had a trial of a Jack Russell from a rescue centre but this didn't work out as she didn't like Zac and was aggressive towards men except me.

Anyway, Mim has always like Greys and we set about finding local rescue charities and stubmbled across 'Chancer'. Her photo wasn't her best side but her foster home found out she didn't mind small furry animals (we have 3 guniea pigs) after her ferretts got loose and climbed all over Chancer without her bothering.

We adopted Chancer in June 2007 and Zac approved, only growling at her once to stay away from his food on the first day she arrived. Both dogs got on really well, with Chancer looking out for him as he was blind (how do they know?!) Sadly Zac passed away in September and since then Chancer as become harder to control, especially at night time when she cries all night. Patience and training will be the key.

We adopted Chancer from Greyhounds Galore and try our best to support them when and where we can, as they do a hell of a lot work!

That's all for now and I'll try and pop some pics up ASAP.

Best wishes

Scott & Mim

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hi and Welcome from Arizona, USA. I'm sorry for the passing of Zac. Chancer might be happier if you considered getting her another Greyhound companion. They really do love their own company and aren't used to being alone much.

:welcome

Guest ScottyMc

thanks for the kind words! Thank you!

Here they are......

Zac and Chancer a week or so after adopting her

n693557931_525696_2439.jpg

Chancer (please excuse the carpet!!)

n693557931_497732_3970.jpg

n693557931_497731_3314.jpg

Zac

n693557931_291447_8166.jpg

Greyhounds Galore 2nd Birthday Meet (I'm in the middle with the Grey Jacket and baldy head! :P )

n693557931_521862_3471.jpg

Hope you like them!

Guest GreytMuse

Welcome to our community, it's great to have you here!

My condolences on the loss of Zac, they are never with us long enough. Congratulations on your new family member and I look forward to your posts!

Guest ScottyMc

The arrival of the new lady only happened this morning after a failed trial of another dog (saluki x) who was too much for Chancer. I'm waiting on her details and as far as I am aware, she is fresh from the track, albeit house trained! More to follow....

Guest goofydog
The arrival of the new lady only happened this morning after a failed trial of another dog (saluki x) who was too much for Chancer. I'm waiting on her details and as far as I am aware, she is fresh from the track, albeit house trained! More to follow....

Welcome and congratulations on your chip! Looking forward to pics and stories of their adventures.

Hi Scott, a friendly Hello from Germany.

I am so glad to read that :

(I must add he is one of the very few who looks after his dogs and makes sure they go to a good home once retired).

Lovely pics :colgate