Corns

Guest ddsgreys

Guest ddsgreys

Our oldest grey has always had problems with his feet, he's the one with the red feet which we have narrowed down to a grass alergy but he also cuts his pads all the time or pulls something when he starts trying to run like a puppy which he is not!!! Anyway he starting limping again and so I assumed he had cut his pad again but when I checked him over I see he has a round bump on his pad, which I think is a corn. I can push on it and it doesn't seem to bother him. Has anyone had any luck getting rid of them other than surgery?

Hulling (not full on surgery) has worked for some. It has not fixed our corn situation but it does give temporary relief. I have not heard of surgery, where the dog is put under anesthetic, ever being curative.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

We did surgery and it didn't work. Sucker came back 9 months later. Took almost 5 months to fully recover. So, it's not worth it to us. We hull for comfort and keep the pads moisturized to make hulling easier.

I honestly don't think I've heard of one corn surgery story that was successful. Find a vet who will hull it out and manage it the best you can. My dog's corn hasn't come back in two months now :D

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I couldn't get it to work, but I think some have had success with it.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

You put a wee piece of duct tape on the corn, keep it there a few days, then remove it. Repeat until corn is pulled free. Hulling is MUCH quicker, but if you can't find a vet who will do it, lots of folks have had good success with the duct tape method :) And soften those pads up really well with vaseline, bag balm, etc. It'll make it easier to get the corn out.