A Vet In Rockland County Ny That Knows Greyhounds?

Guest amn70

I am going to be setting up an appointment this week for Laddie with a vet hospital here in the county. They supposedly work on sighthounds. It is the largest in the county with about 6 doctors and is a 24 hour emergency hospital. Its not for a checkup or physical or anything but just to get him registered. However I wanted to see if anyone knew of any other hospitals in Rockland County that have greyhound experience that they trust.

Adam

Wow, that is kinda far from me. Your profile says you are in northern Jersey. Is that where you go? And if so how far is it from you, drivetime?. Hamptonburg is at last 45 minutes away from me. Thanks for replying though.

Adam

You might try Valley Cottage (unless that's where you're going). Just curious who has 24 hr service in Rockland? (I'm in Bergen Cty but grew up in Rockland.) My vet is in Allendale NJ & I love them (& their staff!).

My advice is to find a good vet period. One that you can talk to & that will have a good rapport with Laddie. I'm sure every vet has sighthound experience but a good vet will think outside the box when faced with a greyhound peculiarity. :rolleyes:

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest jerseygirl

I second Valley Cottage. There are several good vets there and one of them even has 2 greyhounds. We took ours there for routine care, and Jersey even had surgery and a week-long stay there - they loved her and took excellent care of her. We don't live in the area anymore, but they still remember her when we have to call for vet records.

Liz

Valley Cottage is exactly where I was planning on going. I used them October when my Collie, Watson became real sick and I needed a 24 hour hospital and my vet did not have that ability. At Valley, Dr Atkins treated Watson and was very warm and friendly. Unfortunately after discussing the options with her it was decided that Euthanasia was the best option. So it looks like Valley is going to the be one. After Watson, I had actually for the most part decided that Valley was going to the hospital for my next dog but wanted to be sure they would be good for a grey. Thanks for confirming my decision.

Edited by amn70

Guest jerseygirl

I *love* Dr. Atkins - she was our primary vet there, but through the course of Jersey's recovery, we saw several of the other wonderful doctors as well. Dr. Collins is the vet with 2 greyhounds, FYI. Her name slipped my mind yesterday.

Best of luck - you're in good hands!

Liz