I'm Taking Sheana To The Vet

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

I don't know what is going on. All I know is my girl just isn't being my girl. She does not act like herself. There is nothing I can put my finger on and I would rather be a little paranoid than do nothing and find out later that there is a problem and now it's to late.

Here's what I know. She is being lethargic, which compared to most GH she is not. Today is a beautiful warm sun shiny day and my girl is on the futon looking miserable instead of out in the yard stalking squirrels, digging holes or taking a dirt nap in the warm sunshine. She has been grumpy, which she usually isn't. The twinkle is missing in her lovely eye. I know it doesn't sound like much and if it was just for a couple of days I wouldn't think anything of it, but it has been going on for a little while now. Her poop was a little soft yesterday but not what I would call D.

If you recall we had a swollen lymph node a couple months ago and we treated with Doxy and she cleared up. I don't know if this is an extension of that or not. She also has a wart like nodule on her lip where her canines meet. Maybe that is it and it is sore. I don't know. I just have a gut feeling that something is going on.

I have an appointment for 11:45 today and am wondering what kind of blood work I should ask for. Money is a little tight so I can't afford a whole barrage of tests but I can't not do nothing. Her appetite has been good by the way. Please what kind of test should I ask the vet to run that would hopefully tell me if something is going on.

Here is a picture I just took of my girl. She doesn't even look like she feels good in the picture,

DSC03911.jpg

Thanks

Edited by greybookends

If $ is tight and you don't know what you're looking for, get a basic blood count with RBC/HCT and white count (WBC) first. Some vets can run that right in their office and it should tell you quick if she's anemic or has an infection.

Hugs and luck.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Mommydog

I know just what you mean Lori. Joe was just the same for a couple of days last week, there was nothing wrong, but there was. He just wasn't himself. Hope all goes well at the vet :hope :hope :hope

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Hope it's nothing serious! Has it gotten considerably colder? Eating ok? Gums nice and pink? Did ya check the lymphnodes behind her back legs? Dry nose?

:grouphug

Guest greybookends

Now we wait. The vet did a total body function blood work. He's looking specifically for globulin and white count levels and Thyroid levels.

If there is nothing going on than at least now we have test results to compare any future tests to.

Sending prayers and white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending white light! :candle

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest greybookends

We are waiting for test results. She is actually roaching for the first time in about 2 weeks. Hopefully it is nothing but an over imagination on my part, but we will see.

Guest gottaluvgreysindy
We are waiting for test results. She is actually roaching for the first time in about 2 weeks. Hopefully it is nothing but an over imagination on my part, but we will see.

Well of course she is because you took her to the vet :lol isn't that the way it works? I will certainly keep her on the prayer list that all tests come out good and she gets back to her normal self. :lol