Hannah

Guest tammymacb

Guest tammymacb

My poor girl has to have surgery today.

This morning, she was chewing on her foot and crying. When I tried to look, she did the GSOD and she's usually very stoic. I was pretty worried and didn't want to wait until after the holiday, so I called the vet and got her in this morning.

So, the poor girl has lots of corns and already has a lot of foot pain. Now she's got a torn pad on her front foot. Then we get to the vets, she falls out of my car.....and tears off a nail on the OTHER front foot. When the vet checked her, he said her foot is abcessed and I don't know why. She just started fretting with her foot today. She needs to lose the nail. So, now she's at the vet, waiting for surgery on that foot, and while she's under they'll check the nail she broke off this morning.

My poor girl. She's so beat up. Not a happy Thanksgiving for her.

Edited by tammymacb

:kiss2 Feel better soon Hannah! Edited by Mystella

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest tammymacb

Little update...While Hannah was under anesthesia, the vet wanted to do another dental ( she had one this spring ) and she lost 10 teeth. She's coming home with stitches in her mouth and her feet... :(

Guest LolasMom

Oh poor Hannah :heart , let's hope that this is the end of a run of hard times and you come home to a nice Thanksgiving with lots of treats and a speedy and uneventful recovery. :grouphug

It's probably too late, but I'd have asked the vet to check the nail he removed for pemphigus. I think I'm right in saying that is the only way to dx it for sure? :unsure

I'd wonder about it because mostly dogs don't break nails off by landing badly jumping out of the car, and also because there must be some reason for the foot to be abscessed. Just a thought.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest tammymacb

She's home, and she looks awful. Her mouth is full of blood, her tongue is hanging out ( I guess that may be her new look as she no longer has teeth to keep it in ) her eyes are pink and it looks like her pupils are dilated. She's drugged/weak and walking with difficulty and her feet look like they hurt.

I can't believe all this happened in a day.

Right now, she's finally stopped whining and has fallen asleep on her bed. I really hope she heals quickly.

Guest Tenderhearts

Hopefully within a couple of days she'll be back to par. Lori Ann always took a couple of days to recoup after a dental.

Give her gentle hugs for me! :grouphug :grouphug