Gee Brindle, Has It Been 6 Yrs Already?

MP_the4pack

I can't believe my Brindle girl has been gone for 6 yrs already. The tears still come so easily.

I got her sight unseen as she was picked for me. I just told them I wanted a dark female. I got the most beautiful brindle girl. And intelligent. She understood so much.

I remember once at a M&G someone came up to me and said that they heard greyhounds don't bark. I looked down at Brindle, her bright eyes sparkling at me and I said "did you hear that Brindle, you don't bark." She barked. I never taught her that trick, she did it totally on her own.

Of all the greyhounds I have owned or fostered, I have never met another one with such light, sparkle and brilliance in their eyes that Brindle had. I often said Topaz was my hearthound when I lost her (another anniversary in exactly one month) Brindle was my soulmate. I have even accidentally used Brindle's name when I've called Pearl. And Pearl is white and black like Topaz. Has to be the personality.

I used to have so many stories that I told about Brindle..........they are all fading away.

She made it into the CG calendar on the first try, and no other pictures of mine have made it since. But she was gone before her month of fame (April 2002).

Although she showed no signs of sickness, when she laid on the sofa beside me I would break into tears and tell her that she'd better not leave me. She was supposed to live extra long because Topaz died at age 5.

Nov 16, 2001 I had scheduled an appt to remove a black spot on her skin that I didn't like the looks of. She was supposed to be home by 3 PM. At 4 PM I got a call saying she wasn't waking up. I rushed her from the local vets to U of Penn Vet hospital where they performed emergency surgery that night.

She never woke up. She was completely consumed by cancer. Hemangiosarcoma.

That was the second time in 2 years I drove the hour home alone without my baby.

I dreampt about her often that first year. Each time, I woke up and realized I still hadn't hug her goodbye. I had forgotten in my dream that she was gone.

I finally had a dream where I remembered that she had left and I hugged her and told her how much I loved her. I hadn't had a dream of Brindle since.

God, I still miss you Brindle.

Brindle doing agility:

brindleAframe.jpg

doing what every greyhound does:

Brindle4.jpg

My Bright Eyes.

brindletable2.jpg

Once opon a time I was falling in love,

Now I'm only falling apart.

Nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart.

Turn around Bright eyes

Turn around Bright eyes.

:grouphug

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest Winterwish

:f_pink:gh_child:grouphug

That is so moving and beautiful. What a very loving tribute to your dear soulmate,Brindle. :grouphug

Sending my condolences to you that your girl Brindle couldn't stay here in the physical for longer.

I am sure Brindle looks down on you every day and night, watching over you. Although some of the memories begin to fade with time, the love only grows stronger.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

:f_pink:f_white:gh_lay:f_white:f_pink

Even though its been 6 years, I know you still think of her every day & she watches over you & makes sure you know she still loves you & I bet she barks everytime you think of her....but she's okay...she's napping on these huge fluffy clouds & there's snacks & cookies all day long, there's no pain.

Guest Valliejo2001

Mary Pat~ Your post brought tears running down my face. We miss Maggie Sue, Nolan Ryan and Mattie Boy so much. Maggie was my heart dog. We lost all three within 3 years. Last night I had a dream that Maggie Sue was laying beside me on the couch. I could feel her , touch her. I feel that they are still here looking after all of us.

:bighug:bighug:bighug

Mary Pat~ Your post brought tears running down my face. We miss Maggie Sue, Nolan Ryan and Mattie Boy so much. Maggie was my heart dog. We lost all three within 3 years. Last night I had a dream that Maggie Sue was laying beside me on the couch. I could feel her , touch her. I feel that they are still here looking after all of us.

:bighug:bighug:bighug

How's Valliejo? She's gotta be up there in age by now. She was around when I had both Brindle and Topaz.

Guest First1Luiggi
I can't believe my Brindle girl has been gone for 6 yrs already. The tears still come so easily.

I got her sight unseen as she was picked for me. I just told them I wanted a dark female. I got the most beautiful brindle girl. And intelligent. She understood so much.

I remember once at a M&G someone came up to me and said that they heard greyhounds don't bark. I looked down at Brindle, her bright eyes sparkling at me and I said "did you hear that Brindle, you don't bark." She barked. I never taught her that trick, she did it totally on her own.

Of all the greyhounds I have owned or fostered, I have never met another one with such light, sparkle and brilliance in their eyes that Brindle had. I often said Topaz was my hearthound when I lost her (another anniversary in exactly one month) Brindle was my soulmate. I have even accidentally used Brindle's name when I've called Pearl. And Pearl is white and black like Topaz. Has to be the personality.

I used to have so many stories that I told about Brindle..........they are all fading away.

She made it into the CG calendar on the first try, and no other pictures of mine have made it since. But she was gone before her month of fame (April 2002).

Although she showed no signs of sickness, when she laid on the sofa beside me I would break into tears and tell her that she'd better not leave me. She was supposed to live extra long because Topaz died at age 5.

Nov 16, 2001 I had scheduled an appt to remove a black spot on her skin that I didn't like the looks of. She was supposed to be home by 3 PM. At 4 PM I got a call saying she wasn't waking up. I rushed her from the local vets to U of Penn Vet hospital where they performed emergency surgery that night.

She never woke up. She was completely consumed by cancer. Hemangiosarcoma.

That was the second time in 2 years I drove the hour home alone without my baby.

I dreampt about her often that first year. Each time, I woke up and realized I still hadn't hug her goodbye. I had forgotten in my dream that she was gone.

I finally had a dream where I remembered that she had left and I hugged her and told her how much I loved her. I hadn't had a dream of Brindle since.

God, I still miss you Brindle.

Brindle doing agility:

brindleAframe.jpg

doing what every greyhound does:

Brindle4.jpg

My Bright Eyes.

brindletable2.jpg

Once opon a time I was falling in love,

Now I'm only falling apart.

Nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart.

Turn around Bright eyes

Turn around Bright eyes.

:cry1:candle:gh_child

Guest bowiebears

What a wonderful tribute to your Bright Eyed Girlie!

The love of our hounds is like nothing else on earth.

One day we will all be reunited at The Bridge.

--Isaac