Happy Bridge Gotcha Day Raffie

Guest Mommydog

Guest Mommydog

It was my first day helping out at the kennels. Jean, the kennel manager opened a door off the office saying, "This is the isolation unit, in here we have Rafferty, he just came in yesterday". A huge dog leapt at me, well you seemed huge to me then, and placed his paws on my shoulders and tried to kiss me to death. With hindsight I know you were saying "I've found you, I've found you!"

I'd started helping at the kennels shortly after my first little dog, Pip, went to the bridge. I thought it would be a good way to get to know the dogs and ultimately choose one. I liked you from the very start, but I knew nothing about lurchers and greys then, and so I passed you over as being too big and needing too much exercise. I took home a senior spaniel/collie cross called Dugan. The first night home Dugan turned on me and made an awful mess of my hands. I had to return him the next day, as I could barely look after myself let alone a dog. Sadly I knew it would be foolish to keep him, as the prospect of grandchildren wasn't too far away either.

Whilst my hands were healing I kept thinking about you, and trying to convince myself you were totally unsuitable for me. Then just as I got back to work, on the way home one night I did something I'd never done before. I bought the evening paper. On the third page your face was staring out at me with the caption "Lovely Lurcher Needs A Home". I knew if I didn't act fast I would lose you, so I rushed home and rang Jean to say I'd take you. The next day she brought you round.

We had the most wonderful 9 years together, I wish it could have been longer, because you were and always will be, simply the best. But one day we will meet again at the bridge. Until then, I'll always love you babes. :heart

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_00021.jpg

:heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

I know it is still hard even with the passage of time. They creep their way into our every thought. Raffie was meant for you from the start. i am so glad you took the sign. May your wonderful memories remain alive forever!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Rafferty....keep doing the good job you're doing now, of watching over your mommy & them pups she has now. I know you're snuggled, all warm inside her heart & you're keeping her safe.

Be sure & tell all my bridgers that I still love them & I miss them, just like your mommy does you.

:beatheart

Guest bowiebears

Such a wonderful tribute.

I'm sure the Raffie is keeping his eye out for you and yours as he awaits your arrival at The Brdige.

For indeed one day we will all be reunited there!

--Isaac

That face .... :wub: Unforgettable.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.