Leather Leashes Are Edible, Who Knew?

Fenway and Grace come to work with me. Today I left them in the car in the afternoon like I've done 1000x before. I left them at 3pm, came out to the car at 5pm. Can't find Grace's leash, it's dark so I figure they can wait until I get home to potty. I get home, let the dogs out, and go to search for the missing leash. I found part of it. :angryfire I found the clasp, the poop bag holder and 2 of the 6 feet of leather. So after tearing up the back of the wagon, removing all dog beds and flipping up all the seats I've not found the 4 feet of leash in questions. I did find a chewed up roll of brand new vet rap and some teeth marks on the container of Bactine, but still no leash. There is one place it can be, which is in my puppy's belly. :blink: You're kidding right? So now I've missed my hair cut appointment, I'm dropping Fenway and Grace off after work tomorrow at the sitters, and I leave town for a week on Saturday. Seriously, couldn't you have done this two weeks ago???!!!! After talking to the vet we figure that it will most likely pass but I'm to watch for no poop, massive D, and vomiting. Of course the nut case drank 1/2 bowl of water, ate all his dinner, and was playing with his stuffies minutes ago. The vet recommended extra food for the next few days to push things through. Fenway will be thrilled about that! I'm really worried and hope everything passes okay, and at the same time I want to strangle him. Remind me again why I though puppies were a good idea. :rolleyes:

PS. Leather leashes also apparently cause horrendous gas :fart :fart :fart

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sadie, obviously has been sending Fenway secret messages. Most likely he'll be fine, if a little full.

Be good Fenway, no more leashes!

Let's just call it an un-cured rawhide, eh? A really, really expensive one. :D

I hope everything passes without any problems!

Well I'm happy to report that I still have a crazy little hound puppy, although it's only been about 8 hours since the mystery of the disappearing leash. Fenway is drinking just fine, playing with stuffies, getting his nose into trouble where it doesn't belong, and he just pooped a big gigantic major poop for me. :D I've never been so pleased to see a pile of big gross turds before. We're not out of the woods yet, but these are good signs. All he has to do was tell me to take him to A Dog's Dream for some chewies, he didn't need to eat the dang leash!

Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

When I first got Mickey he ate my golden's 6 foot leash and the crown piece to a horse halter. They were hanging high up on a clothes tree under some sweatshirts and other barn clothes. A week later he ate the 24 inch collar from my dog who had died a few months before. It was on a doorknob waiting to be moved to a box in the closet. I learned my lesson.

No gas here....hope the same for you.

Yep, leather leashes, YUM!!!! Jack ate one, or most of one when he was about six months old. It was during his "free the hounds" phase, when he was chewing every collar and leash he could get his pointy little teeth on. No problems here, and since his gas at that time was at the biohazard level anyway, I never notice a difference.

Some people give rawhide so he thought it was just an extra chewie. Hope things move right along. The vet clinic I worked for, had quite an experience last year. A golden retreiever had a blockage...three mens socks, two pairs mens bvd's, a baby shoe a nylon collar and two, six foot leather leads. Bet he had a bellyache!

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Yep, leather leashes, YUM!!!! Jack ate one, or most of one when he was about six months old. It was during his "free the hounds" phase, when he was chewing every collar and leash he could get his pointy little teeth on. No problems here, and since his gas at that time was at the biohazard level anyway, I never notice a difference.

:rofl

These puppy boys :wife

Glad to hear all the stories of everything, um, coming out okay. I was especially freaked out last night since he gets dropped off at the sitters. I don't know what came over him yesterday, he normally just sleeps with Grace in the back of the wagon when I leave him. Ocassionally he'll chew on a rope toy, but apparently he was "hungry" yesterday. Maybe he really was hungry, and is going through another growth spurt.

Thanks for the well wishes guys, so far so good!

We knew!!! Iron Ruler is a champion leather leash nibbler.

Hence the nickname! He's so darn cute... :wub: