Bobby Has A Lump

Guest pleasantsarg

Guest pleasantsarg

I just came home from the vet, where they looked at a lump we found on his neck (really it looks like his adam's apple, I didn't think much until I noticed the Dewey didn't have one). Luckily, someone canceled surgery so he can go in tomorrow to have it removed and biopsed. I wish I could thank those people.

Also, Bobby figured out how to get on the waiting room couch (yay!) where put his head on the lap of one of the other ladies waiting. She had a dog who was just diagnosed with cancer.

I just ask that along with all the other good wishes and prayers being sent from this board, that you can add Bobby to your list. We all would really appreciate it.

Guest LolasMom

Sending prayers and well wishes for Bobby. :hope

What a touching image of him on the waiting room couch resting his little head on the woman who needed some love. :heart

Guest pleasantsarg
Well wishes for tomorrow--I have a Sly too--his name is Sly Spin! Keep us informed, I'll be thinking of you both :thumbs-up

It is good to know, I love the Sly dogs ;).

The vet thinks it is a thyroid tumor, which, 9 times out of 10 isn't good. I hope this is the exception

I keep making deals hoping that this will go away. I hope it is nothing, but I don't know what to do with that hollow space that seems to not end. I want him to be ok.

Lots of prayers for your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Prayers and positive thoughts for a good outcome.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest pleasantsarg

I just wanted to pop in and Thank everyone for your prayers and thoughts. Sometimes what I read here hits a chord and it is the only thing that does.

Also, I wanted to tell you that Bobby got home about an hour ago. His xray was clear but they removed a lump near his larnyx. The lump had many adhesions (roots?). We don't have biopsy results. The vet had to pack his wound and said to expect drainage. We will have to change it in a day or 2, I may need to check with someone here on that. Right now he has an ace bandage around his entire neck. I am not sure what is going on under it.

He has had a few hamburgers, his medicine (Prednisone and Amoxicillian) and seems to be really tired.