Carrier's Progress Photos

Carrier's pictures (well, this whole thread, actually) brought tears to my eyes. Not because they were graphic, but because he looks so wonderful, and you can just feel the love you share.

And Dr. Couto---not only is he an exceptional vet, and amazingly generous, he's funny too!

May the many prayers going out for you and your sweet boy lift your spirits, and hasten the healing process.

Oh, I clicked on the Scooby link, and loved reading about your experience there. You lived my dream!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrier is gorgeous - and he looks amazing post-surgery!!! I am SO pleased. He seems to be healing so well and the pictures are adorable. We're all rooting for you boy!!! :kiss2:yay

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Eva Carrier looks wonderful. He's healing up really well. Nice to see Dr C looking good too.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Carrier is my hero! He looks great. My Jesse was diagnosed with Osteo almost 2 weeks ago and also had his right front leg amputated. When I first saw all of the big, metal staples I thought they looked horrible but after looking at them for a week I'm starting to think they are beautiful. They represent getting rid of his damaged, painful leg and allowing him to be comfortable again. Seeing Carrier and reading his stories gives me hope for Jesse. Keep up the good work!!! :dogcookie:dogcookie:dogcookie

Maybe I will post some pictures of Jesse's staples this weekend so the boys can compare scars!

Measure wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.

Carrier looks great. It's amazing how quickly he's healing, and how happy he seems.

If things had gone differently and the cancer hadn't already escaped into his lungs, we would have opted for the same treatment protocol for Argus.

Good luck to you and Carrier. I hope he has many more happy, healthy years ahead of him.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

What a handsome brave soul.

Thanks for posting all those pics, I was always curious what the amputated area would look like initially,...it looks like he is healing really well.

Way to go Career! I had a beautiful Rottie who had the same surgery, same leg, with cancer. She lived three happy years after the surgery. We just had to have her euthanized a month ago and she was 12 1/2 so wishing you many more years of love from your special pup.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Hey Carrier,

First, leave the grass alone. Your people will get upset if you keep vomiting. You need to keep down whatever you can, so cut the cow act.

Now is the best time for you to get table food. Your people will be so happy to have you eat that they will feed you anything! Try some eggs, boiled chicken, ground turkey, and whatever they are eating. You now have carte blanche at the food bowl, buddy, ENJOY! Have you ever had a Burpdog Biscuit? They are heavenly!

When you are done with the chemo, you will probably have different food.. I do and I love the new stuff. Make sure you try everything. Trust me, your people will keep trying until they make you happy. If you want to know what I'm eating, it's in my diary, but I didn't get a lot of supplements until after my chemo. My mom believes that anti oxidants aren't good with chemo. During my chemo, I got anything I wanted and I was picky!

Those barf pills you have are really good. I took one an hour before eating, the food stayed down a lot better. I took them for about 5 days after each chemo. I never puked.

Laser treatments and massage helped me a lot after my amp. A lot of people say acupuncture does too, but I never tried it. Remember to get some exercise, but don't overdo it. You need plenty of sleep, too... (you are still a greyhound).

It's a long road, buddy, but you're gonna be just fine. Some things will be different, but we're adaptable, strong, brave AND SPOILED.

Next time you're in Ohio, give Dr. Couto a big wet nose from me!

Butt sniffs,

Winslow

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest snowberry

Wet face here, after seeing those photos - don't know why, something about his brave little face... must go get more tissues.

He looks to be healing really fast. Way to go!

Guest argolola
He looks so good, and what a sweet boy....my eyes are watering too, especially when I saw the one with the COG blankie....

Me too! He looks wonderful. Please give him a kiss for me. He is in my prayers.

Carrier looks wonderful -- Dr. Couto is an angel to our greys. I'm saying lots of prayers for him.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=