I Am Worried

Guest TBSFlame

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this... hoping the best for your boy. :hope Any news yet? :blink:

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest TBSFlame

I was at the vets all afternoon yesterday. I brought home a sleeping greyhound as to get a picture on his back he had to be sedated. I could not get him in the house so I had to sit in the car with him a couple of hours till dh came home. My vet was on vacation so we had to see someone else. I don't know how much experience she had but she was telling me they had 7 greyhounds at her vet school and she loved the breed. When she gets a house she would like to have one. Beecher has this large mass on his left side right at the last rib. It looks as if it is growing from the last rib but of course rays only show so much. She first did a fine needle aspritate and got mostly blood. She did tell me it felt boney. They did a senior blood panel and took x-rays on the mass and the lung. You can see the mass and it did not have the lacey appearance that bone cancer has. The lungs are clear. The vet said that it was in a weird place. The fact that it came up so sudden is a concern. I still don't know anything. I will wait for the blood work to come back and for my vet to get back from vacation before I do anything else. The good news is that Beecher doesn't seem to be in any pain. Pressing on the mass brings nothing. The mass is large 2 1/2 inches X 1 1/2 inches. Beecher had lost 5 pounds since his last visit. I had noticed him losing some weight and increased his food about a month ago. I am so worried about my Beecher boy. Not sure what to do.

Sorry to hear the results of the x-ray .. I must admit it was what I expected. :( But it's good that it doesn't look like osteosarcoma.

PM Sandy (PawsDeDeux) Her Sizzle had something similar, also on his ribcage, and was diagnosed with some kind of cancer - not OS, but he was being treated by an oncologist, I know. Anyway. Here's the good part. It went away completely, and so far has stayed away!

She may be able to give you some ideas, or at least support.

Edited to add: I think this all happened about 18 months ago.

Edited by silverfish

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest VelvetEars

Just now seeing this - sorry the results weren't more definitive so far. We'll keep you both in our thoughts and prayers and hopefully your vet will be able to determine more.

You and Beecher are still in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's hard waiting on the lab results. :goodluck

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest TBSFlame

I have made an appointment with our group's greyhound vet for this afternoon. I am going to take the x-rays and lab work with me. I just don't believe the vet that saw him was experienced enough.

Guest greytmonty

I hope the results of the aspirate testing is not serious. Monty just had a tumor removed Monday and we are awaiting the pathology report.

Beecher is in my thoughts.