Update On Raven

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

Raven had a few days where she was a bit better with the hind leg weakness, but those were short-lived. We should have the sling to help her walk a bit better with the hind legs any day now.

Last night she wanted to be right up against me at bedtime, in front of me against my chest, and had several short coughing episodes. I've noticed it's taking longer for her ears/feet to warm up after taking her heart meds, so I know the meds aren't able to help as much anymore :(

I had seriously been considering calling my oldest daughter to see if she could get a ride up here to see her within the next few days. I have so many mixed emotions because I am angry I am the one dealing with the heartache of watching Raven deteriorate and will have to make that decision. On the other hand, I am so grateful we've had 2 1/2 years with her to spoil her rotten and give her the best care we could.

My oldest ended up calling me for an unrelated matter last night, things like that I consider a God thing because I didn't have a current phone number for her, and I told her if she could get up here in the near future to see Raven for a bit, it might be a good idea.

We just continue to cherish each day that we have :)

Raven is so very lucky to have you. :wub:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm sorry you're going through this. Please remember that letting go when nothing more can be done is a kindness. We can't keep those we love around us forever, but we can love them and give them our best and ease their passing when it's time. :grouphug

I hope your daughter will take the change she's been given to visit Raven. Raven is a lucky girl to have your loving care. I'm so sorry that you're facing the heartache of watching her go downhill. The hard part of loving them, without a doubt. :grouphug

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

You're the one who has the heartache ... but that means also, you're the best one to be with her at this time, which I hope is longer and better than anyone expects. Hugs to both of you, and scritchies to your lovely sweet girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

sending hugs to you, Devon.... :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

she is very loved and she knows it. :wub: :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Checking in too...

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Tenderhearts

Raven's about the same. We got the sling yesterday, and a HUGE thanks to Cara-Lea! :grouphug The fabrics are just beautiful, and it's the perfect length for me to support her. She's very awkward with it right now, so we'll do a little training with treats to get her used to it and moving easier.

My oldest will be by late this afternoon to spend a little time with her, and then we're attending a music concert for my grandson. He just turned 7 on the 11th.

Thank you for your continuing prayers. Raven and I appreciate it :)