Thank You Oscar

mareyeka

I still miss you terribly - it's been 3 months since you left us. I feared that you were mad at me; I didn't see any signs, I couldn't feel your presence as I had with my others who had crossed the bridge.

I thank you for bringing such joy into my heart and for being my first greyhound. You have paved the way for more and have opened up so many eyes to the joy that a greyhound can bring to a heart.

Thank you Oscar. We have Dee with us now. I hope we do you proud with her. I hope you watch over her and help her adjust to her new life. Whether she be here for a few years or a shorter time, it is because of you that we were able to open our home and hearts to this little doll.

Rox paved the way for you, you paved the way for Dee. There's a reason for everything.

I miss you buddy. I miss you so much. Thank you for blessing us.

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

Guest argolola

Tears here as I read your beautiful tribute.

Greyhounds are kind of like dominos. One touches another and another and another and another. May they all find loving homes like Oscar and Dee did. (Congratulations by the way.)

Guest TriciasZoo
:bighug :bighug :bighug:f_white Despite your own pain, Mare, you've been there to reach out to me, and help me with mine. Oscar was a remarkable soul, one I know I'll never forget, even though we've never met.

:bighug

I think Jeff needs to create a blue tongued greyhound icon...

LOL! That would be too precious.

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

Guest GreytMuse

Beautiful, touching words...wow. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. Every one of us who has lost a greyhound feels the pain with you, thank you for stating it so eloquently.

Oscar is a good boy. He cared to send the very best, didn't he? :inlove

I know Dee will be very happy with you!! :)

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background