Hope I'm Just A Panicking Mom

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Guest greymom1997

Lala was right... once you've had a grey with bone cancer you don't look at a limp the same way. I choose to look at your situation this way... I hope and pray that it is nothing, but if on the off chance it is something... aren't you happy that you are so intuitive with your "kids" that you can detect a slight limp when maybe others would miss it? That you may have caught something, whatever it is, early?!

Let's hope it's nothing!!! Please be nothing! Fingers and paws crossed here!!!!

Sherry, waiting for news about Harley. Hoping for the best....

Let us know.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I've had 2 dogs with Osteo and neither dragged their feet. limping, yes. dragging, no. I'd be more inclined to think a nerve problem.

Sending good thoughts and hoping for a positive update...

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Hi everyone,

Sorry I didn't write yesterday - was tired from no sleep and watching Harley. Thank you all for your support, because it means a lot to me. I mean it!

Well, Dr Wade had good news, with a small "but..." attached. Harley is not dragging that leg right now, but limping, btw (yay for no dragging). Dr. Wade did not see any cancer, but added the 'but a small chance that if he has it, it's too early to see on exrays.' So, I take that as good news for now.

She also said, no arthritis showed up. And, she says that the dragging is a sign of possible nerve damage, however since he's not doing it now, all I can do is watch him. I am to take him right back to her immediately if I see him doing it again, and she will most likely refer him to a neurologist, mentioning that it could be something else, like a lesion on his spinal cord...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Harley is on pain meds, and I have to keep him quiet for a few days (no happy dances after he poops), and to generally keep an eye on him.

He's acting fine today. Yesterday he was very quiet, but he's not used to waking up at 5:30 am, and having vets probe him all day. Today, he's still quiet, but no dragging that leg YAYYY!

We are kidding him that he was in fact being a Drama Boy, since that's our biggest hope.

Thanks you guys. After going through this with Wag, and the outcome being horrible, I am going with "Sherry, the Panicking Mom!"

Sending hugs and thanks,

Sherry, and Harley - "me bes jumping as soon as mommy lets me ROOOO!"

That sounds like good news, even if you still are doing a bit of a wait game. Keep us posted.

FYI, my girl limps (we are still working on helping it. It is diagnosed as arthritis which shows up in the sets of xrays a couple months apart). She is also the biggest drama queen!!! She is worse around me than DH. She knows I will give her the sympathy and baby her!

The Girls

Sherry---thanks for posting. Not to make you feel bad, but I've been checking here and GRTB about 10 times a day to see if there was any news! I was afraid that no news was bad news. I perhaps panic more than you do! Well, there, now that I've made you feel guilty, I'm encouraged by what the vet said. Seriously. I think what we have to do is assume that they are okay, so that we can be okay for them. Of course, I am the person who freaked out because Tess was vomiting for 2 days. I was sure it was a blockage or something horrible, so I actually snuck out of work to take her to the vets to find out that she was fine. I think she must have gotten into the cat litter! Non-clumping, but with some really tasty "treats".

Harley, just have sweet jumping dreams for a while. :offwall Don't do this!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown