"earned Reward" 5/10/1996-11/1/2007

Guest larock

Some of you may remember in August 2004, a 8 year old blind boy available for adoption in Ohio along with another Grey, Raven. We adopted Ward, "Earned Reward". He was not blind but had a neurological condition that was being controlled very well by chemo every 6 weeks and daily prednisone. While he was getting on in life his spirits were good up to the very end...we were only blessed with his presense for three years but it seemed like a more and yet went so quickcy...

Actually, he was always an Angel but now he has received his wings…

05/10/1996 – 11/01/2007

He fell on October 31st while with the dog walker. I checked him over when I got home at 4pm; he looked OK, a bit bruised but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. He was an old guy and had fallen few times before. He was in good spirits, ate all his dinner and mooched pizza, came to and check out the kids at the door. Everything seemed somewhat ordinary…

Around 11pm he seemed a little off but nothing unusual for him really, I thought he might just be sore from his fall. I stayed up to watch him, he started having a little trouble getting up out of his bed and then started panting like me might be in some pain. The last time I took him out he peed and then just stood there, the wind blowing on his face, he kept walking around staring into space, sniffing the air (he’d never really done that before) – he seemed to be reconciling something. Then around 2:30am I helped him up, his legs were not working right and then he collapsed. We rushed him to emergency he was in obvious pain and could not walk at all. He was conscious in the end, calm and peaceful, laying on his blanket – we were both with him. We just wanted his last memories to be good ones, so we decided to help him cross.

We both know we did the right thing for him and that he had a wonderful 3 years with us where he was loved beyond imagination!

Still, our hearts are broken, we miss our baby Wardy.

thx

Lynn, David Roick, Walter (and Wardy Angel)

post-14174-1194375360.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest GreytMuse

Our pets are a gift from heaven, but we don't get to keep them nearly long enough. My heart goes out to you and your family in this time of loss.

Guest boondog

I became involved with COGR a few months after you adopted Ward, so I never had the pleasure of meeting him. However, I've always known what a special boy he was because of everyone's love for him. His courage and strength touched the lives of so many. I was happy I had the chance to be in charge of the raffle for the beautiful painting you did of him. He's running free now without any illness to hold him back. Bless you for welcoming him into your home and giving him three years of love. Wardy will never be forgotten.

I became involved with COGR a few months after you adopted Ward, so I never had the pleasure of meeting him. However, I've always known what a special boy he was because of everyone's love for him. His courage and strength touched the lives of so many. I was happy I had the chance to be in charge of the raffle for the beautiful painting you did of him. He's running free now without any illness to hold him back. Bless you for welcoming him into your home and giving him three years of love. Wardy will never be forgotten.

Thank you. Barb was his real saviour, what a wonderful lady for giving him a chance when many would have not. We will be forever gratefull that she gave us the three years with such a wonderful sweet, cute and funny boy!

We miss him so much...

Guest bowiebears

I don't know why my eyes are leaking so much!

My sympathies at your loss, and every blessing from heaven on you for your love of this special boy.

Love is stronger than death; it lives on forever in the hearts of those who've experienced it.

One day we will all be reunited at The Bridge.

--Isaac

Lynn and David,

I am so so sorry to hear this. Thank you for adopting him and loving him for the time he was with you. It breaks my heart that you only had 3 years with him, but I know those were the best years of his life. Ward will always be with you in spirit.

Godspeed Ward, you are terribly missed.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Hugs,

Carla

I am so sorry for your loss.

Run free Wardy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project