Gifts Wishes Desires Etc

Trudy

I think everybody should include chocolate greyhounds :lol :lol

It isn't like Ryan was paying his own vet bills!

My person's dog is not fond of toys... Jet and Ryan can't comprehend that :lol

I have some ideas, but since it isn't Thanksgiving yet, I'm not doing anything about them :xmas

Guest goofydog
I have always been overwhelmed by the amazing gifts that I've gotten for Secret Exchanges.

This year I'm sending a matted greyhound print (I think it's a pencil drawing actually) that I've had for almost a year now, for especially this reason :P

I love homemade gifts. I think they are fun.

I used to do 'comic books' for my secret santas, but time is always an issue. And the program I used is no longer on my computer...

Of course, my secret santa will get lots of goodies from some of my favorite vendors too :)

Having said all that, I just want to reiterate that it is not necessary to be extravagant. Whoever you are, you don't have to include anything for me. I won't be offended :) Of course, if you want to, I won't be offended either ;)

Oh,oh,oh I hadn't thought about artwork. Great idea. Do you think it matters if the hound depicted doesn't match the color of the hound(s) that are receiving??

Guest SoulsMom

I don't really "do" Christmas much (family and friends too far away, it's been a long time . . . .), so I'd like a donation to the kennel where I volunteer . . . . . .

Seeing all these posts about wanting something "local" got me thinking about what local thing I could add to my SS gifts... I asked DH and he suggested one of those cheap Washington Monument or White House metal or plastic things sold by at all of the tourist shops. I really doubt anyone wants one of those. Honestly, other than the touristy crap I can't think of anything "local" that someone would really want from Washington, DC.

i'd love to have something like that :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh,oh,oh I hadn't thought about artwork. Great idea. Do you think it matters if the hound depicted doesn't match the color of the hound(s) that are receiving??

Here's my take on greyhound art - realize not all people are like me (that's a good thing :lol)

If the art is of a particular dog, I'd like it to be my dog, not somebody elses. If it is general greyhound art that you can't tell that is of a particular dog, that's fine.

I have note cards I won at Wonderland the first year it started the expo - on the cards are a picture of somebody else's dog. Not something I'd use since it isn't my dog.

As a gift, I was given note cards with a blue greyhound on it, not somebody's actual dog, but a general greyhound.

Realistic, but not personal is good if it isn't my dog. If it is realistic and personal, needs to be my dog for me to display.

My person's dog is not fond of toys... Jet and Ryan can't comprehend that :lol

I have some ideas, but since it isn't Thanksgiving yet, I'm not doing anything about them :xmas

As the owner of a dog who doesn't care for toys, I know it's hard for others to comprehend :P I know that Shadow is harder to buy for because of it, so I tried to offer some suggestions when I signed up. It's happened in the past that he has gotten toys anyway and that's just fine. One SS actually sent instructions from her dog on how to play with toys! :lol It's the thought that counts and the stuffies have always been put to good use by my other dog.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)