Arthritis

Guest ddsgreys

Guest ddsgreys

Our older grey is really starting to have some serious problems getting around , I thought it was because of his terrible red feet from what we think is grass alergy, but when he was at the Vet's this week the Vet seems to think it's arthritis.

He is fed a raw diet and I supplement with glucosamine and salmon oil, what else can I add to his diet to help him..

I checked out a couple of sites but there are so many and I want to make sure I give him the best..

Hi - I've struggled with this with two greyhounds now and it's not fun... we give ours whichever good quality supplement is on offer. At the moment, they're having Glycoflex, last month they were on Cosequin. Both are multiple ingredient joint supplements, which include glucosamine HCL (supposedly better than glucosamine sulphate) at high levels, chondroitin, and a variety of other nutrients thought to help ageing joints.

Glycoflex is interesting - they offer several types according to how severe the arthritis is and how it's responding to treatment. You start with Glycoflex 1 and work your way up

Glycoflex range

And here's the link for the other one -

Cosequin

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest ddsgreys
The best results I've had overall is Fresh Factors from Springtime. You can get the Joint Health and add FF to the daily mix. Their chondroitin is the best!

Fresh Factors - Joint Health

I believe till the end of the year they have buy 2 get 2 free

I checked out their site, now.... "call me dumb" but what exactly would I need to buy, and would I still add glucosamine to his diet.

Guest Tenderhearts
Glycoflex is interesting - they offer several types according to how severe the arthritis is and how it's responding to treatment. You start with Glycoflex 1 and work your way up

All 4 of my seniors are on the GlycoFlex III here :)