Trying To Get An Appointment At Osu...

Guest LittleGreys

Guest LittleGreys

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get an appointment at the Greyhound clinic at OSU? I should be finding out soon, one of the Drs is supposed to call me today to schedule. Apparently I can't make an appointment with Dr Couto, I was emailing him, but then another vet started answering my emails and is going to make the appt. Maybe he mainly sees the oncology dogs?

I have to have a day that my mom can take care of my daughter and all the hounds left at home, so I hope we can get something worked out!

Maybe we'll even run into another GT'er while we're there!

Providing Bodie's white blood count is up, we expect to be there on Nov. 9. It usually doesn't take too long to get an appt. There are many wonderful vets there - all greyhound savvy. Even though Bodie first saw Dr. Couto for his osteo, Bodie is now under the care of another wonderful oncologist, and he also has his own dermatologist at OSU.

Dr Couto isn't normally on clinic duty - I know this week he hasn't been. Some of the vets are leaving today for a cancer conference in Ft Lauderdale - so he is really going to be the only one that is around for the next few days - so he will be busy.

If it's not cancer related - then you will more than likely see one of the other vets - all of which are great and like Rhonda said, grey savvy.

Good luck.

You just need to make an appointment with Oncology for a greyhound. They work as a team. Somewhere there is a photo of the Hound Team. The vets change around as it is a teaching clinic and the vets come in for a year of study as a cancer resident.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest LittleGreys

I'm still waiting for them to call.......I am hoping to get in very soon, she is getting worse. I guess I'm probably looking at next week at the earliest then.

I have been dealing with Dr Liliana Marin, she seems nice. She will also be (hopefully) seeing Dr Dyce in ortho.

Anyone have a direct # for scheduling Greyhounds? The last time I called the main small animal # at OSU and the receptionist was rude and didn't have a clue about scheduling Greyhounds (Dr Marin said they don't).

Guest LittleGreys

It is for Munchie, and they still haven't called me yet..........

OK, they just called me as I finished typing....We see Dr Couto next Wednesday!

Edited by LittleGreys

I'm still waiting for them to call.......I am hoping to get in very soon, she is getting worse. I guess I'm probably looking at next week at the earliest then.

I have been dealing with Dr Liliana Marin, she seems nice. She will also be (hopefully) seeing Dr Dyce in ortho.

Anyone have a direct # for scheduling Greyhounds? The last time I called the main small animal # at OSU and the receptionist was rude and didn't have a clue about scheduling Greyhounds (Dr Marin said they don't).

I have not had much luck in scheduling through the main number at OSU, especially since they changed the system a few weeks ago and now route everything to a central desk. While most of the people who answer are very nice, there is one guy who answers who I refer to as "the village idiot". Enough said.

When I need to schedule an appt., I email Dr. Marin at marin.25@osu.edu. Dr. Marin checks her email frequently, and doing it by email circumvents the switchboard. She will do the scheduling for you directly.

Bodie's oncologist is Dr. McMahon, and I think she's wonderful!