Brandy ( Smoo's Gale Wind )

Houndtime

She decided today was the day. She could no longer keep her food down. Brandy had a little trouble walking today as well.

We went to Dr. Newman this evening and they had a small quiet room waiting for us. There was a couch, leather chair, grandfather clock and a small rug on the floor. Brandy immediately lay down on the rug (she never lays down at the vet) and waited. Mickey the vet tech came in and saw how thin she had become and started to cry. Dr. Newman came in and we all sat on the floor talking about how fast Brandy became ill and we were all so sad for the pretty girl. I wasn't sure if she was ready, but being in that room, I knew it was the best we could do for our girl.

Brandy was gone before the injection was done. Dr. Newman said Brandy knew it was her time. Len and I stayed in the room with her for awhile. We both cried. I thought she looked like she was still with us; sleeping. And, the clock chimed.

Brandy this morning.

P1000220.jpg

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,

Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,

Silence the pianos and with muffled drum

Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead

Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,

Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,

Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,

My working week and my Sunday rest,

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;

I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;

Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;

Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.

For nothing now can ever come to any good.

W. H. Auden

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irene, I am so very sorry. :f_pink

Godspeed Brandy :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm sorry she couldn't stay any longer.

Sweetest dreams, little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Godspeed sweet Angel. I am so sorry. My prayers and sympathy. Run free with our Angels sweetheart. You are loved and missed. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Always, always in time of grief I think of that poem. I've never heard grief expressed better. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

What a beautiful sweet face - I am sorry you have lost Brandy and I wish I could say the right words to ease your heartache. May your precious memories of your time with this gentle girl bring you comfort.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest greytmonty

Irene, I am so sorry. I am thinking of you and hoping you and your family find comfort in Brandy's memory.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

Anatole France

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :cry1 I know your heart feels crushed. Thankfully, Brandy's passing was peaceful and love filled. May you find peace as well, and know that she's freed from a failing body and her spirit is soaring at the Bridge with our beloved angels. :gh_run:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Brandy was a beautiful girl and I know she was loved very, very much.

Run free sweet Brandy, one day we will all meet again at the Bridge.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Oh Irene,

Damn it - I am so so so sorry.

This is a post I did not want to see.

My heart is breaking right along with yours. Brandy is smiling down upon you thanking you for everything you did for her. She knew how much she was loved.

Godspeed sweet Brandy, you are terribly missed.

:f_pink:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink:f_pink

{{{{{Hugs,}}}}}

Carls

Guest bowiebears

Words cannot convey how sad this makes me.

And yet the love you got and gave will live forever.

And we will all one day be reunited again at The Bridge.

--Isaac