Positive Thoughts For Chevy Please

Guest multiplicity

Guest multiplicity
Holy Crap! Glad to hear that they got the blockage. If you want an update - call for one. You are paying them good money. They will take your call if they are available. Good thoughts for Chevy.

OK, so I took your advice and after much confusion I got the next student on the rotation on the line...she didn't know too much about anything but she was just with Chevy and moved him from intensive care to the doggie ward. She said he was cold so they put jammies on him and fluffed him up with blankies...that's my Chev-Chev. He ate this afternoon and this evening.

Yup, you are right about the good money part...too much money...but how could anyone possible put a price tag on these beautiful babies...we do what we gotta do.

I hope things are continuing to go well with you, Carrier and Dr. Couto.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Crap! Glad to hear that they got the blockage. If you want an update - call for one. You are paying them good money. They will take your call if they are available. Good thoughts for Chevy.

OK, so I took your advice and after much confusion I got the next student on the rotation on the line...she didn't know too much about anything but she was just with Chevy and moved him from intensive care to the doggie ward. She said he was cold so they put jammies on him and fluffed him up with blankies...that's my Chev-Chev. He ate this afternoon and this evening.

Yup, you are right about the good money part...too much money...but how could anyone possible put a price tag on these beautiful babies...we do what we gotta do.

I hope things are continuing to go well with you, Carrier and Dr. Couto.

Ah confusion... that sounds familiar. Even though the vet student couldnt give you a medical update - it's good to hear that you got some information which hopefully gave you some comfort to know that they are attentive to his needs.

When can you go and see him?

Re the cost - I don't even ask how much things cost anymore when it comes to the pups - they are priceless. I said to Tim that, first we sell his motorcycle :lol and then remortgage the house - he was fine with the mortgage, but not the bike - go figure.

Hugs to you and Chevy. I hope he heals quickly and gets home soon.

Just read everything and hoping that Chevy is doing better and on the mend.

You are definitely not alone...

I just recently had a scare similar myself. Left to go brush my teeth, come back to a bra with no straps....

Well a couple weeks later, have diarrhea and then vomiting...off to the evet...luckily no surgery, it had moved along enough that they could remove it manually. Scary none the less...

After some destruction of squeekies i also now make my own squeekies by taking a regualr stuffed toy, then opening it up, placing a hard rubber squeeky rubber toy inside, then sewing it back up. You still have to watch the doggies but it at least avoids the easily chomped on tiny squeeker parts.

Guest trevdog

Hoping Chevy is doing well this morning.....I'm glad they did the surgery, we were in a similar situation a few months ago and it is very scary. If he continues to eat well, he will be home soon!

Glad tp hear Chevy is coming along...c'mon Chevy..eat a little more so you can go home. Maybe he's afraid to eat after all he's been through.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest chaoran22

i know how scary it is - something very very similar happened to my boy. he wasn't throwing up plastic stuff but was screaming in pain when you touched his sides and they put him in intensive care (for two days!!!) under the wait and see method and it actually worked itself out and I'm glad they didn't go in and operate right away and waited. just thought you might like to hear that since you're worried about waiting. as long as he's under constant supervision, he should be ok. hugs!

Just saw this...sending prayers and gentle ear scritches for Chevy. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest multiplicity

Guess who is sitting beside me!? CHEVY!!!! :yay

Chevy is home now, and resting. He looks just awful (thin, bruised and sutured from one end to the other) and he seems depressed but I will take care of him so that he will be back to his happy self soon. I just made him some bland diet in preparations for supper. I am a little disappointed with the day-to-day care he got...he had diarrhea dried on his butt and back of his legs which has been there long enough to cause raw sores. :angry: I just cleaned him up and it seemed quite painful for him. And boy does he stink!!! He is not suppose to jump but he walked in and jumped right up onto his couchie-couch.

I took some pics of my poor baby and I will post them soon if I can find the darn cord to attach the camera to the computer...

Devin seems to be doing OK too so I am hoping for a happy, healthy family really soon!

Thanks for all your prayers and kind thoughts.

Guest trevdog

Good news! Dallas was not clean eiher, boy did she stink! Do you have some baby wipes for him? I doubt he can get a bath for a few weeks. Surprised they didn't send you home with I/D food.

He will be uncomfortable for awhile, I'd try and preventing him from jumping up as getting down will hurt too. It took Dal about 6 weeks to return to normal.

Guest multiplicity
Good news! Dallas was not clean eiher, boy did she stink! Do you have some baby wipes for him? I doubt he can get a bath for a few weeks. Surprised they didn't send you home with I/D food.

He will be uncomfortable for awhile, I'd try and preventing him from jumping up as getting down will hurt too. It took Dal about 6 weeks to return to normal.

I used half a bag of cotton balls to clean him up...I figured that is the softest stuff around...

They suggested the I/D food but I asked if a bland diet was ok and he felt it was. Chev has a history of irritable bowel syndrome so I'd prefer it if he was on a bland diet so that I can ease him back into his Evo instead of changing from one brand to another.