Positive Thoughts For Chevy Please

Guest multiplicity

:eek Just seeing this! How terribly frightening!! I am soooo glad to hear surgery went well and that he is expected to make a full recovery. Sending many healing thoughts your way..... :hope :hope

And for you --> :grouphug :grouphug

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, I'm reading this, and totally understanding why you would be beside yourself with worry. I sped through the replies to see if Chevy was okay. So happy to see that the surgery was successful, and they found the blockage.

Sending prayers that he continues to improve. And that the black muzzle causes no more problems!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so glad that they found the blockage. I hope he recovers quickly and completely.

FWIW, one of the vets at my clinic had to do a foreign body surgery on her own great dane, and found not only what he had just eaten (a sofa cushion, if I recall correctly), but other items that had disappeared months earlier.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm glad he's had his surgery and is on the road to recovery :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Good boy Chevy! I was watching this animal show on TV one time and it showed a Lab?? (forget what breed) that had eaten something and when they opened him up they found so many gross things in his stomach. Apparently, thats not uncommon.

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest vahoundlover

OMG! I'm just seeing this....How scary! Glad the surgery was successful, sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers for Chevy and Devin.

FWIW, one of the vets at my clinic had to do a foreign body surgery on her own great dane, and found not only what he had just eaten (a sofa cushion, if I recall correctly), but other items that had disappeared months earlier.

This isn't uncommon. :( My bridge girl, Chloe, developed an obstruction from a piece of plastic she ingested. She tore up a vinyl squeaky toy and I took it away from her right away not realizing she had already swallowed a few pieces. Weeks later the vomiting and retching started ..... when she was opened up there was a piece of the toy!

I'm so glad that they found the blockage in time and I'm sending good thoughts that Chevy recovers quickly and completely.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest LolasMom

Good boy Chevy. I'm so relieved to hear that the obstruction is cleared and he is on the road to a full recovery. :getwell

Edited by LolasMom

Guest KennelMom

I'm so glad that Chevy is out of surgery and on the mend. :getwell

We had a foster that had a partial blockage of carpet remnant removed from his stomach/entrance to intestines. He'd been in our kennel easily for about a month (we don't use carpet in our kennels), so he must have ingested it while he was still at the track (where they use carpet for bedding). It can take quite a while for undigestable items to cause a problem and a dog can go from "somewhat sick" to dangerously ill very quickly. Our foster ultimately passed away from complications :( I don't fool around w/potential obstructions.

Guest Winterwish

Oh my gosh you poor thing! It's so hard because all dogs get into stuff in just half a minute,it could happen to anyone. I'm so glad Chevy seems to have a good prognosis at this point and hope you can get some rest for yourself soon too.

Sending get well wishes out to Chevy! :dogcookie:hope:getwell

I'm so glad that Chevy is out of surgery and on the mend. :getwell

We had a foster that had a partial blockage of carpet remnant removed from his stomach/entrance to intestines. He'd been in our kennel easily for about a month (we don't use carpet in our kennels), so he must have ingested it while he was still at the track (where they use carpet for bedding). It can take quite a while for undigestable items to cause a problem and a dog can go from "somewhat sick" to dangerously ill very quickly. Our foster ultimately passed away from complications :( I don't fool around w/potential obstructions.

oh no. :( I'm sorry about that KennelMom. :f_pink

I am glad Chevy is doing well!!!

And I can't believe after all this time complications arouse now! When it first happened we called our vet and she said just to monitor them and so we thought we got off lucky since weeks have gone by...

Years ago people had a Dobe that went through gastric issues for 6 months, then died. He had a tennis ball in his stomach.....I have never forgotten and one of the reasons I encourage people to go to the vet!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

How is he doing today?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest multiplicity

The vet called Greg this morning...Chevy is up and about but not eating as much as they would like so he is remaining in intensive care until they feel that his progress meets their expectations. If he eats well this evening he will move from the intensive care to the doggie ward.

Devin seems to be doing well too...no vomiting since that one time last night...he had soft poops this afternoon but that is not really uncommon for my irritable bowels Devo

The vet hasn't called since 10:30am so I am getting a little antsy...I need way more updates to keep my sanity!!! I just keep repeating to myself "No news is good news, no news is good news...".