Adopting A Dog With Epilepsy...

Guest EmilyAnne

Guest EmilyAnne
HI! I know Henry..... PM me. He had his first seizure while he hung out in one of our foster homes..... I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I've been owned by 2 seizure pups and fostered by many...

Congrats to you and Henry!

You mean you have personally cared for Henry!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! I am soooo glad I found this board! Can you e mail me please? My email adress is I cant pm yet cause I am still 'wet behind the ears'. :P Tell me when you get this address, i want to delete it.

email on the way...

can you edit and delte my email please? Thanks!

Watch out, this food is preserved with rosemary which would normally be a good thing but for epileptics rosemary herb and aromatherapy oil (and sage/hyssop/pine) should be avoided. If you go to the epilepsy sites that others have posted here they should give you good info on diet anneh

I found this food: http://www.purelypets.com/cgi-local/shop.p...triverranch.htm

and then supplement with 2 avocado snacks a day perhaps?

Guest EmilyAnne
Watch out, this food is preserved with rosemary which would normally be a good thing but for epileptics rosemary herb and aromatherapy oil (and sage/hyssop/pine) should be avoided. If you go to the epilepsy sites that others have posted here they should give you good info on diet anneh

I found this food: http://www.purelypets.com/cgi-local/shop.p...triverranch.htm

and then supplement with 2 avocado snacks a day perhaps?

So much good info I am getting here! I gotta pick up a little journal just for Henry. For both documenting all seizures, treatments, and things I learn along the way. (I used a calender with Alfalfa, his epilepsy was much milder)

Guest houndstooth4

Our greyhound, Treat has epilepsy. She's ten years old now, and she started having seizures a week before her fourth birthday. She was having severe grand mal seizures. We tried KBr first, but it didn't work for her, so we switched to phenobarbitol. She hasn't had a seizure since. We feed her regular Iams food, just like the other three greys eat. She is a registered therapy dog, and she does nursing home and READ visits. She loves going places, anywhere that she can be adored! She leads a busy and happy life, and the epilepsy doesn't seem to have slowed her down one bit. She's one of the most active ten year old greys you'll meet! I wish you and Henry lots of good luck. Just remember that it takes a while to get the medicine levels adjusted, so be patient while you go through that process.