Pet Insurance Article

That is very helpful thanks. Due to recent $6,000 ER visit for my dog I am very interested in knowing if anyone has specifically used any of these insurance policies and how well it paid off to have one. For instance, wondering if I had insurance how much of the ER bill it would have been paid :unsure

anneh

Here's an article on pet insurance. Towards the bottom is some helpful info, such as the list of insurers and questions to ask.

link

Edited by anneh

I have insurance on all my dogs. My older dog, Sheila - 13 years ol, went blind last year and I racked up over $3,000 in bills, my pet insurance (after the $100 deductible) paid me back 70%, which is the plan I signed up for. They paid promptly, never questioned any of the claims or requested any records beyond the claim form. She is insured through Pet Care.

Carl is also insured through Pet Care, but through their introductory program called Shelter Care for rescue dogs.

It sure paid off for me, I got more out of it than what I've paid into it over the last few years.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014