Cyst/pimple On Paw

Guest anneh

Well first of all I am beginning to feel like I am doing something terribly wrong and my nerves are raw. I feed raw/homecooked/supplements etc but everything seems to be going wrong lately. My little foster dog had a fever of unknown origin that almost killed her and had to be treated at ER for several days to the tune of thousands $ which fortunately the rescue picked up, now she is 100% ok thank God but no-one can say why it happened. Now my boy (non-grey)has what I can only describe as a pimple on the top of his paw near his nails, kind of between the paws and he keeps licking it and when I googled online everything came up indicating horrible things. Last night I applied some aloe from an aloe leaf and put a bandage on it so he left it alone, not sure how to bandage it for daytime when he is moving around.

anneh

Perry has had two of those. The first, which bothered her, turned out to be grass seeds embedded in her skin. The second, which didn't bother her until a young vet tried (and failed) to drain it, has since been removed.

I'm inclined to visit the vet, but I do that too much anyway. You could try soaking the foot in epsom salts or something to see if you can get the lump to drain.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

it could also be a sebacious cyst--Patrick had one between his toes--they're only a problem if they are bothering the dog.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Gezz--could be many things--cyst, foreign body or a tumor--benign or scarier yet maligant. I would have it checked out by your vet--sometimes lumps or bumps on feet/limbs could be very concerning. Better to have it checked while it's still small. ;)

Edited by tbhounds