No Preference For Shipping

Trudy

If you entered multiple times and you selected no preference for shipping for each of your entries, I just want you to be aware that this means each of your entries could be matched so you are shipping overseas.

Example:

I enter 5 times. Each time I say no preference. I'm in the US.

I get my matches.

I have 2 names in the UK, 1 name in Germany, 1 name in Australia and 1 name in Canada.

That's going to be pretty expensive for me to ship all these packages.

This can easily happen by the looks of how the matching seems to be working. We still have a small issue (no way to ACCEPT the matches), so we aren't doing it right now, but hopefully later tonight or tomorrow if we get that bug fixed.

So, this gives you time to edit your entries if you don't want to have the chance to send overseas for every package you enter.

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes
If you entered multiple times and you selected no preference for shipping for each of your entries, I just want you to be aware that this means each of your entries could be matched so you are shipping overseas.

Example:

I enter 5 times. Each time I say no preference. I'm in the US.

I get my matches.

I have 2 names in the UK, 1 name in Germany, 1 name in Australia and 1 name in Canada.

That's going to be pretty expensive for me to ship all these packages.

This can easily happen by the looks of how the matching seems to be working. We still have a small issue (no way to ACCEPT the matches), so we aren't doing it right now, but hopefully later tonight or tomorrow if we get that bug fixed.

So, this gives you time to edit your entries if you don't want to have the chance to send overseas for every package you enter.

Thanks for the heads up. I made the change so only 2 of myguys will ship overseas should I get a match. Otherwise, wow :eek

Guest BigPercyInMa
I checked shipping costs and with the new rates, flat rate to Canada is $23 and International $37

It is my understanding that the Flat Rate Priority US mail boxes can be now used to ship anywhere.

Seriously? :eek I've shipped to Germany before (not flat rate, just regular by weight) and it has never been near that much money. Yikes!

Is that air or surface rate?

Guest greybookends

You can no longer ship ground to other countries. It has to go priority or express. Usually I check no preference but this year I had to limit myself to the US only as even here you can only ship packages priority or express. Shipping costs are a lot higher this year, but at least packages SHOULD reach their destinations on time this year. We shall see.

thanks for the reminder. i think it was two years ago when both of my SSs were in the UK. i waited too long to ship and it ended up costing way over $50 shipping per package (i think it was more but i can't remember).

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest BigPercyInMa

"Flat-Rate Box: $37.00

Merchandise is permitted, but written communications having the nature of current and personal correspondence are not permitted. The maximum weight is 20 lbs. or the limit set by the individual country."

Does that mean you can't even put a card in it???

OK - I have edited :lol

I checked shipping costs and with the new rates, flat rate to Canada is $23 and International $37

It is my understanding that the Flat Rate Priority US mail boxes can be now used to ship anywhere.

That is just the flat rate Priority box prices... you can ship 4 lbs. or less for WAAAY less than those rates. A collar, for example, can be shipped International 1st class which probably runs about $9. Anything over 4 lbs. must be sent Priority though.

You can no longer ship ground to other countries. It has to go priority or express. Usually I check no preference but this year I had to limit myself to the US only as even here you can only ship packages priority or express. Shipping costs are a lot higher this year, but at least packages SHOULD reach their destinations on time this year. We shall see.

You can ship 1st class if the package is less than 4 lbs. It's just packages over 4 lbs. that must go Priority or Express.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest greybookends

That is just the flat rate Priority box prices... you can ship 4 lbs. or less for WAAAY less than those rates. A collar, for example, can be shipped International 1st class which probably runs about $9. Anything over 4 lbs. must be sent Priority though.

You can ship 1st class if the package is less than 4 lbs. It's just packages over 4 lbs. that must go Priority or Express.

I have tryed to ship packages that didn't come anywhere near 4 pounds and the post office will not let me ship it first class. If it is in an envelope they will ship it first class, if it is in a box they will only let me ship priority or express.

we are working on a fix so that the max over seas shipments for those who selected No Pref would be half, of the packages, and that would be rounded down.

so 4 packages = 2 max overseas

3 packages = 1.5 rounded down to 1

5 packages - 2.5 rounded down to 2

etc

Still working on getting the matching right.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

I have tryed to ship packages that didn't come anywhere near 4 pounds and the post office will not let me ship it first class. If it is in an envelope they will ship it first class, if it is in a box they will only let me ship priority or express.

How big was your box? Perhaps there is a package size restriction in addition to it needing to be 4 lbs. or less. :dunno I had no trouble shipping an item via 1st class mail overseas in a large padded envelope a few weeks ago.... total cost was around $9. So, guess the lesson is that if you need to ship a gift overseas make sure it's something you can put in a padded envelope. There are LOTS of gifts that weigh 4 lbs. or less that will fit in a large padded envelope - collars, clothes, stuffies, ornaments, etc.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

http://ircalc.usps.gov/default.aspx?Mode=I...e&CID=10150

This is set for shipping from the US to the UK, but you can change the drop down to another country (still from the US).

enter in the postal code for where you are sending and give it some weights and different shipping containers and you'll get an idea of what the shipping will be BEFORE you go out and buy something odd shaped or heavy as a brick :)

Guest greybookends

How big was your box? Perhaps there is a package size restriction in addition to it needing to be 4 lbs. or less. :dunno I had no trouble shipping an item via 1st class mail overseas in a large padded envelope a few weeks ago.... total cost was around $9. So, guess the lesson is that if you need to ship a gift overseas make sure it's something you can put in a padded envelope. There are LOTS of gifts that weigh 4 lbs. or less that will fit in a large padded envelope - collars, clothes, stuffies, ornaments, etc.

If it is in a padded envelope I have had no trouble shipping first class. The boxes were of various sizes from the size of one of burpdogs biscuit boxes to a little larger and they would not allow First class and I looked at my reciepts and all of them were under 4 pounds. So my suggestion to people is if what you are sending in under 4 pounds and not fragile you should use a padded envelope, they have various sizes.

This whole new postal thing is nuts. Here is what is said on a 3# package, going to Canada:

First Class Mail International

• Name change from Airmail Letter Post to First Class Mail International

Product Features & Benefits

• Service available worldwide for items weighing up to 4 pounds

• Delivery time varies by destination

• No tracking

Mailing Services (Show Dimensions) Estimated Delivery Time * Post Office Price Online Price

Global Express Guaranteed®

See Service Guide Before Mailing 1 - 3 Days Calculate Calculate

Express Mail® International 5 Days $26.75 $24.61

Priority Mail® International 6 - 10 Days $18.60 $17.67

Priority Mail® Flat Rate Box 6 - 10 Days $23.00 $21.85

First-Class Mail® International Varies $11.86

If the package doesn't weigh that much, you can do priority mail intl. The prices above are on 3#

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I always send my stuff from the UK to USA/Canada in a large padded envelope and it's always been fine. If there's anything even vaguely fragile or pointy (like a gift for the human) I just wrap that in bubble wrap before I wrap it in its Xmas paper and put it in the envelope amongst the soft items.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!