One Eye Is Bloodshot, The Other Is Fine

Guest fastdog

Guest fastdog

Saturday afternoon I noticed that one of Lilah's eyes had some "eye snot" in it, and when I went to wipe it off, I noticed that the eye was bloodshot. The other eye was perfectly fine. I put in some doggie eye wash. Yesterday I used some more eye wash, and today while it looks better, it's still pinkish. The other eye still looks fine, and nothing seems to be bothering her (she's not rubbing/scratching at it or anything).

So, the question of course is how long do I wait for improvement before going to the vet. It does seem to be better and doesn't seem to be bothering her, but I don't want to be missing something that needs to get treated right away.

Advice?

thanks!

Sarah Paranoia

Guest guinness_the_greyt

This happened to Brooklyn the other day after she was romping outside and a dust storm kicked up. Hers was noticably better the next day and almost completely gone the day after that. She never seemed fazed by it.

If it doesnt it hurt her I would give it a day

I would have her eye checked by the vet.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest fastdog

Thanks for the advice! There's no cloudiness, and its looking a little better. I was outside on poop-pick-up duty, and noticed that she's been doing some digging, so perhaps she got some dirt in her eye. I'll keep an eye (ha ha) on it and if she's not better in the morning, to the vet she will go!