Justin: ? - October 21, 2007

retiredracers

008fedde.jpg

On October 15, 1996, I adopted a very, very sick male Siamese from the pet clinic where I worked. He was found as a stray and even though he was an older male, he weighed only 5.3 pounds. Numerous blood tests and x-rays were done but the vets couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. I told them that I would adopt him, give him meds and a loving home for the brief time he would be with us. We took him home and kept him crated away from our female Siamese, Gentry, because we were worried that she would hurt him (she's a little on the b*tchy side). What we didn't realize is that after a few weeks of tender, loving care, our newly named Justin would slowly be getting better. He went from 5.3 pounds to 9 pounds and was just the most loving, friendly man. The vets determined his age to be between 5 and 8 years old once he was well enough to make a guess.

Gentry & Justin became the best of friends, much to our disbelief (Gentry had never accepted another cat before). They were always snuggling and grooming each other. The following photo is from a Xmas card one year.

cxmasgentjust4.png

A few months after we adopted Flake in 1998, Justin was diagnosed with Feline Hyperesthesia Syndrome (a weird neurological disease) that made him go crazy and attack... not us, just poor Flake. It turns out that Flake (and eventually the other greys we brought home) could be a trigger to make him go psycho. We were told that it could be treated with meds but he would need to be on them for the rest of his life. We decided instead to just figure out what set him off, what were early signs that he was going to attack and then separate him from the dogs when we figured this out. In the begining, playing, barking and quick, sudden movements would do it. Once he got older and more used to the dogs, the attacks became much less frequent... although even towards the end, Flake could get him going by just standing near him for too long. We always kept the cats separated from the dogs when we weren't home so that Justin wouldn't attack without us there. Justin could make the dogs scatter just by letting out one of his weird, froggy-like croaky meows!

Anyway, after 11 years of being our littlest man and also the littlest beast, Justin's body gave out on him. His old kidneys couldn't keep up and we gave him the greatest gift we could give him and allowed him to rest. I know he'll be waiting for his Gentry (but I told him it would be a long time from now!) because he loved her soooooooooo much.

We love you, Justin! Life's not going to be the same without you around keeping the greys in line!!! (Flake is rejoicing!!)

6db31a65.jpg

Sheila_Pics025.jpg

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:( I'm sorry for your loss... as a mom to 3 Siamese, I am especially touched. Your Justin looks a lot like my seal point Mukai.

Bless you for taking him into your home and heart. :beatheart

I am so sorry for your loss. Justin knows how much you loved him and appreciated your never ending care. He waits for you and watches over always. :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh, what beautiful meezer! I'm so very sorry for your loss. f_yellow

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

Justin, look around at the Bridge and find Suki, my almost-22 year old Siamese grandkitty. You two will like each other--she did weird things out of nowhere, too.

Hugs to your family.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I'm so sorry, Sheila (and Greg too). :cry1 Seeing that our hounds aren't safe with cats, we haven't gotten to know Justin and Gentry very well. Those pictures of him are stunning though. I didn't know he was so handsome. You certainly gave him a great home for all of those years after his recovery. We'll be thinking of you guys.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, Justin.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.