Prayers Needed For Sweet Polli

IMHO tick disease alone is unlikely to cause that severe of a limp. Even if it's the root cause, it would pretty much have to have caused some bone/tissue changes for there to be a severe limp. You're going to have to address those changes with something besides a course of antibiotics or Imizol shot.

I would not wait on the x-rays and evaluation. Ortho eval because those folks are really good at watching a dog move, checking range of motion, looking for sensitive places, etc.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

P.S. You have checked feet for corns, hard spots, weird stiff toes, etc.? I probably asked that 15 times already but if not, it's worth a look. The second-last time Zema's corn came back, you couldn't see it, you could only feel it.

Flashlight, look up between the toes, between the pads; bend each toe the way it should bend and wiggle it back and forth; run your finger over the whole surface of each pad, pressing gently; check the nailbeds; squeeze each toe gently ...........

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending prayers for your Polli. I can't imagine what you are feeling. She's a beauty and looks like such a sweetheart.

:hope:hope:hope:candle:candle:candle

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

IMHO tick disease alone is unlikely to cause that severe of a limp.

Depends on what is considered severe. I can tell you that Ivey's limp from a TBD was the same as a few weeks past osteo diagnosis.

I would do another set of xrays and have them draw blood and get the panel off. Unless, you are very comfortable with the first set of xrays. It sounds like the vet is not?

edited to add: yes, as Batmom says: did you check for corns/warts?

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

DH came home early, took the flashlight and checked the foot. Nodda.

We were comfortable with the xrays under the circumstances, no anethesia so yes, we will proceed with another more conclusive round for the neck and shoulder... still praying for a soft tissue injury that will just require more time.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greytmonty

Robin, I am thinking of you and Polli, I am sorry you and she are going through this. Keep us posted re the ortho vet and the blood studies.

I know you have great vets up there. We have had great experience down here at U Penn.

is there any chance that the limp is originating in the ankle area as opposed to the shoulder? just wondering if you should have xrays of the ankle area done...

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

While she is out, we will have it all x-rayed so we have a baseline.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project