Sheana Is Not Feeling Well

Guest greybookends

She is acting a bit better this evening. I got her some Pepcid. I am still gonna call the vet in the morning and maybe we need to lower the dose of doxy.

Don't do that. In fact if it is a TBD (and it appears so because she responded to the doxy) she should be on it for 8 weeks (6 weeks minimum)

Ask for some carafate to give her 2 or 3 times a day (separate from doxy by at least 2 hours) which will help her stomach.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest greybookends
She is acting a bit better this evening. I got her some Pepcid. I am still gonna call the vet in the morning and maybe we need to lower the dose of doxy.

Don't do that. In fact if it is a TBD (and it appears so because she responded to the doxy) she should be on it for 8 weeks (6 weeks minimum)

Ask for some carafate to give her 2 or 3 times a day (separate from doxy by at least 2 hours) which will help her stomach.

I am actually at this point leaning towards constipation. I have been following her around trying to keep track of what she is pooping and she didn't do anything yesterday and this morning she did a couple of very small hard poops and appeared to be straining. She is drinking plenty of water and urinating fine but her appetite is DEFINITELY off. I am gonna speak to the vet in a little bit and see what she thinks. I will ask about the carafate.

This is a face that says leave me be.

DSC03179.jpg

Edited by greybookends

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

Checking in for a Sheana pupdate.....when Symba was on some antibiotics he was constipated and didn't care to eat and laid around too....not even boiled chicken peaked his interest.....I bet if she didn't poop yesterday....the antibiotics are either upsetting her tummy too much or she may not have eaten enough.....best wishes....

Guest greybookends

The vet agrees that it is her tummy. She said it is not uncommon with doxy. So we are gonna cut the doxy dose in half for 3 days to allow her tummy to settle. We are also gonna give her 4tbs. of pepto twice daily and sprinkle 2-3 tsp. of Metamusal on her food. She said this will coat her stomach against the doxy and regulate her against constipation which she appears to be. I will call the vet again on Thursday with a report to see how she is responding and should resume the higher dosage of doxy. So fingers crossed that she gets back to normal soon. :goodluck I miss my happy girl. :(

Edited by greybookends