Scooter Has Cancer

Jennifer

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jennifer - just seeing this (computer at home is broken...) and I'm so sorry - I was so hoping it'd be something else...

Take care of yourself & the Scooter-Man

:grouphug:bighug

Edited by ozgirl2

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest tanner

How is he doing today? My little girl, Lady just passed in May from cancer. I know how you feel. You and Scooter are in my prayers.

Deb

I wanted to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers for Scooter. I am certainly not alone in going through this with him and I am grateful to be surround by such kindness. I wanted to update everyone on his well being..... right now Scooter is in good spirits and seems to be relatively painfree with the meds he is taking. He has spark in his eyes and he still has his appetite. He tires easily, as can be expected. He has significant swelling in his leg so we are keeping that massaged and elevated to help him to be more comfortable. Thankfully it's not to extreme at the moment.

I did contact Dr. Couto in Ohio and he was kind enough to reply to me about some other treatment options availible for this type of cancer and the location that it's in. However, Scooter is not a candidate for amputation and chemo (for the amount of time it prolongs) is not something I am willing to put Scooter through. So I am spending the rest of time I have with him making him as comfortable as possible.

***Dewey is still being decided on. I've been offered an overwhelming amount of help with Scooter should we decide to come. This will be the last Dewey for him and possibly the last for me as well....at least for the time being. I want to do right by Scooter so it will be a gam time decision as to whether we show up or not.

So that's where we are for the moment. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. They are a huge comfort to me and Scooter during this time.

xoxo-

Jennifer & Scooterman

Edited by Jennifer

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Oh Jennifer. I am not a "huggy" person, but for you... :grouphug

I wish there was more I could do. :sad1

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Perhaps I should add a side note here:

I am taking everything into consideration in the event I do go to Dewey. I will not be doing anything to endanger Scooter's well being.

JennScoot2.jpg

Jennifer - talk to Deanna about the cart she had for Frazzle. That would be a wonderful way for Scooter to get around should you decide to go to Dewey. At least it would keep him off his feet. I think she got it at Lowes.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Thinking of you and Scooter.

Hugs,

Gustopher P Jones, Isabella and Mom

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

IF Scooter and I attend Dewey, Scooter would not be leaving the condo. That is out of the question. He would be parked on the couch the entire time, there will be no activity outside the condo for him.

The cart is a good idea though. :)

JennScoot2.jpg

IF Scooter and I attend Dewey, Scooter would not be leaving the condo. That is out of the question. He would be parked on the couch the entire time, there will be no activity outside the condo for him.

Nor for myself either. Please can come visit. :lol

JennScoot2.jpg

Hugs to you in a difficult time....

I would love to see you in Dewey...that being said I know you will do what is right for you and him...I am sure that is a HUGE PITA to figure out right now!! Sending you lots of strength....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Scooter is your #1 priority. You will do what is best, you are a wonderful person Jennifer and I know your heart is breaking. Just love your Scooter boy for as long as you can. :bighug

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Hi Jennifer - if you & Scooter do decide to come to Dewey, I'm sure we can find you a place to stay without stairs!! Just let someone know when you decide!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

The cart is a good idea though. :)

And while you're on the sofa, Scooter can catch a front row seat at the POTC marathon, right? ;)

My heart goes out to you both - I know these are tough times, but I'm encouraged to hear that he;s comfortable :grouphug

Edited by jodyksam

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Sending more prayers for Scooter and his Mommy. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.